Opinions on Mini Alexa

mywmy

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Hai everyone! I received the mini alexa in oak yesterday and find it adorable. However, hubby thinks it is a bit small. I am 5'2" and I think that the mini is nice enough for a crossbody bag. I would just like to find out from those that owns a regular Alexa whether carrying it crossbody looks okay, or big?

I have both the mini and regular Alexa.
I find the regular is just right to wear crossbody, not too big and if it is not too full it hugs your hip just right (I am 5'4").

However you seem more smitten on your mini Alexa. I think it looks fab worn crossbody too. How much stuff do you need to carry? Are you just put off by what your husband says? I use my mini Alexa more than my regular one. It is more handy for just popping to the shops/pub!

If you love it (and it sounds like you do) then that's all that matters! I'm 5'7'' and have the regular Alexa and it's perfect for me, I find the mini too small on me but I bet it looks great on you as you're so petite, though I don't think the regular would be too big for you... just depends what you prefer.

I'm 5ft 5 and have a fairly small frame and the mini alexa was perfect for me, the regular alexa felt just a bit too big. I think you should keep it if you like it. If you have enough room for your items then keep it! Not to mention it's cheaper than the regular lol! Post photos! I'd love to see it!

I think it looks fine worn cross body but as a bag for me it's just way too small to fit anything in which is the only reason I've decided on selling mine.
The regular suits me size wise.

I'm 5ft 4 and I wear myAlexa cross-body and its perfect. I'll be honest and say I did buy the mini Alexa in watermelon last earlier in the year and returned it because it was just far to small. Once my wallet was in there I couldn't fit anything else in without it looking like it was gonna burst at the seams!:sad:

Hai everyone! I received the mini alexa in oak yesterday and find it adorable. However, hubby thinks it is a bit small. I am 5'2" and I think that the mini is nice enough for a crossbody bag. I would just like to find out from those that owns a regular Alexa whether carrying it crossbody looks okay, or big?

Hi, I have four regular Alexa’s and find them just the perfect size for a crossbody bag. I try to walk to work most days which is 2 miles and we are oh so very comfortable! I think they look great and certainly turn heads! I always use a bag liner and find there is a little extra room to add any extras. The mini Alexa would be way too small for me as an everyday bag. It’s probably about the size of a Lily which I would use in the evening for basics. I love large bags and have some quite a bit bigger but wouldn’t think of walking this far with anything else. I have never been tempted by the oversized one.
If your decision is just about, is it comfortable and does it look good, I would say so for the regular without any doubt. It’s always better to have more room than less.

I'm about your same height. I don't own any Alexa yet but I did try on it many time. Regular definately will not be too big on you. I even think the oversized is suitable too :smile: mini is just too small to be daily bag.

I have both sizes and the only thing that makes either of them right to me is what you need to carry in a bag. I actually use the mini's more than the regulars and I just use a mini alexa purse in them with smaller size accessories. The other benefit of the mini is they never weigh you down and it's easy to put on your lap if you are in a position that the only place to put your bag is the floor. Also mini holds it shape beautifully when worn cross body where as the regular and over size drag upwards at the sides.
If you want a regular I would suggest saving some pennies and picking an outlet purchase with 20% off regular rrp hand pick it though to get a leather finish you like.

I have 2 Alexa's, a regular and a mini. As much as I love them both I use the mini much more then the regular. I find it less heavy and easier to carry around. I wondered when I first bought mine if it would be big enough, but actually I find it a great size. The fact that it's small stops me from overfilling it! For reference i'm 5"6. HTH