Opinions on Latico Leathers?

1. Anyone have this brand? What do you all think of the leathers? Do they soften up over time?

2. I have a small Latico handbag in a great eggplant color. However, indeed, the leather is really rather tough. I got it at DSW for $20- so I thought it was a great bag for the price. That being said- I certainly wouldn't have paid full price- which according to the Latico website was around $100. I've had mine all summer- used it about 15 times- and the leather hasn't softened up at all. Not super, super stiff- just doesn't feel like high quality leather. Hope this helps.

3. I have a Latico bag that I carry as my computer-work bag. It has lots of pockets and carries a lot - it has softened up with use, but not enough to make it look worn out (as it should, with what I carry in it - flashlight, screwdrivers, CDs, my work board). I am very pleased with it. I also have a Latico slim porter in a raspberry leather; it's a distressed/crackled leather that is just TDF.

I've been pleased with both, and I paid full price, and would pay full price for this line again. They are not that expensive to begin with.

4. There are some cute ones available on sierratradingpost.com...don't forget to go to fatwallet.com and find out the answer to their riddle for free shipping!