Opinions on Key & Change Holder

adp

Apr 10, 2006
I am interested in getting a key & change holder, but cannot decide between vernis & epi leather. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or preferences regarding durability or anything else that might help me decide. Thanks.

I much prefer Vernis, both for durability and for beauty. Look at ebay at old epi items. They wrinkle and get blackened around the edges. I've had my pomme vernis 4 key holder and used it daily for years and it's still beautiful. Have a friend that has an epi one and the edges are blackened and peeling. Really is an eye opener to look at old epi items on ebay.

Look closely at this one - the bottoms, the edges, the top where it folds - etc. If you click on the picture it will blow it up. I've never seen vernis look like this, especially if you pick something dark like amarante, bleu nuit, or pomme. I've seen lots and lots of epi items look like this though. Horrible!

Not something I would want to be seen with. This is why I stay away from epi.

epi wallet.jpg

Last edited:
ADP, cannot go wrong with either the vernis or epi! They are both Gorgeous!!

The epi leather is pretty tough... it'll forgive a lot of the scrapes and bangs along the way

But the Vernis has it's shiny brightly coloured surface!! SIGH... what to do!

If you get a chance - walk into the LV boutique and ask to see them in each... that way you can really see the textures, and colours in its glory. It may be LVoe at first sight... it's hard Sight unseen...

The joy of picking something out... FUN! :biggrin: Can't wait to see what you chose! :biggrin:

i bought one in vernis pomme a few weeks ago so i'd recommend that. I own an epi wallet but when its side by side with the key & change holder, the vernis piece is in a league of its own.

I went with Vernis.. it's bigger and I found it much prettier.
It's very useful too because I use it everyday and just store my credit and debit cards, drivers license in it when I go to school.