Opinions on Jenni Kayne and AYR??

I’m looking at some new elevated basics as I’m (ahem) over 40. These brands pop up on my IG feed and the styles piqued my interest…
Very much anti-fast fashion. I have Theory and Vince sweaters that are a decade old so I want stuff that is worth it. James Perse/Velvet/Splendid have been my go-to.
Can anyone tell me about fit, quality, pics vs real life in the ads?

AYR seems too good to be true, Jenni Kayne stuff seems to be short/cropped but length is never listed.
Would love IRL feedback!

Reactions: addiCCted
I love Jenni Kayne for sweaters, particularly cardigans. Some tend to be oversized and I have sized down. Their Tees are nice but I think a little high for what they are. I think if you sign up for email or text you can get a one time discount, something you might want to consider if you're thinking of one of their cashmere sweaters. Their clothes are beautiful and it's a thoughtful collections.

I’m looking at some new elevated basics as I’m (ahem) over 40. These brands pop up on my IG feed and the styles piqued my interest…
Very much anti-fast fashion. I have Theory and Vince sweaters that are a decade old so I want stuff that is worth it. James Perse/Velvet/Splendid have been my go-to.
Can anyone tell me about fit, quality, pics vs real life in the ads?

AYR seems too good to be true, Jenni Kayne stuff seems to be short/cropped but length is never listed.
Would love IRL feedback!
I bought and returned an AYR button down. It was all wrong on me.

IMO It’s time for the online sellers and manufactures to start including specific per garment dimensions. They have the dimensions need the extra effort to upload with each product. It’s frustrating when you have to look something up in ebay just to get the correct length or bust size.

Reactions: KPCoppola
I have Jenni Kayne cardigans and long sleeve tees; none are cropped. They do carry some cropped things so you just have to be mindful of the description and photos. IME they tend to run oversized so for your first order I'd suggest getting a variety of sizes to try. I like the things I have - they've held up well and have a kind of relaxed California coastal chic aesthetic.

Edited to add: you might also look at Frank & Eileen and Emerson Fry for sorta similar vibes.

I have Jenni Kayne cardigans and long sleeve tees; none are cropped. They do carry some cropped things so you just have to be mindful of the description and photos. IME they tend to run oversized so for your first order I'd suggest getting a variety of sizes to try. I like the things I have - they've held up well and have a kind of relaxed California coastal chic aesthetic.

Edited to add: you might also look at Frank & Eileen and Emerson Fry for sorta similar vibes.
Thank you for the insight- the long sleeve tees were one of the items I was particularly interested in! Will look into those other brands.

I bought and returned an AYR button down. It was all wrong on me.

IMO It’s time for the online sellers and manufactures to start including specific per garment dimensions. They have the dimensions need the extra effort to upload with each product. It’s frustrating when you have to look something up in ebay just to get the correct length or bust size.
1000% agree. Things look amazing in the ad with a perfect model. And the description will be “ oh you will love this relaxed elegant tee” with zero measurements for people like me that want my tees *at least* 25” in length.
And I have also gone to Poshmark hoping someone has better descriptions or measurements which is frankly ridiculous.

• Love
Reactions: Nibb
I am in love with Jenni Kayne and have bought quite a few pieces, mostly sweaters (I think I have like 10 of their sweaters). The quality is pretty decent. A lot of their clothing gives the oversized, casual vibes, but I can pull most off as a petite person (5 feet, 100 lbs). Most of their sweaters and cardigans are on the thicker side. I love the neutral colors they offer: camel and taupe especially, very versatile. They offer coupon codes very frequently. I only make purchases when I have the coupon code.