Opinions on GMAT preparation...

Private tutor is the best if you can afford them. Live online tutor generally cater to big audience so the pace could be too slow or too fast for you. They could also highlight areas that u are already good at and omit areas that u will will require more attention too.

Look for reputable tutor online or ask around for reference in your local area.
Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on preparing for the GMAT. Whether a private tutor is any better than perhaps a live on line tutor?

I took a 5 or 6 week instructor lead course. It was really helpful. Some of the logic stuff is really tricky so it's good to have someone you can ask questions to vs. just reading a screen.

Good luck!:smile:

I just studied from a book & got into a top 20 program. I was in-state so the tuition price break was too good to ignore!

No need to spend thousands on a tutor. Or at least my advice would be try first from a study book and if you don't like your score, maybe do the tutor after 👍

I just studied from a book & got into a top 20 program. I was in-state so the tuition price break was too good to ignore!

No need to spend thousands on a tutor. Or at least my advice would be try first from a study book and if you don't like your score, maybe do the tutor after 👍

This is what I did--bought a prep book, planned out a schedule for study/review of the entire thing and I scored much higher than I expected to. In addition to the subject reviews, the tips about how to succeed on standardized tests were invaluable (when you should guess if you don't know, when you should skip a question and move on quickly, etc.). It helped me feel calm going into the exam.

Good luck!

I studied a book and did the practice exams. I made through to pace myself through the book, and did not skip over any of the sections, even if I felt I knew them already.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!