Opinions on First Dooney Bag

I thought about super gluing it shut because it was such a cute purse.....but that didn't look like an option especially for the price of the bag. I am surprised it is still being sold without a refresh to fix it.

So true. And you just knew it wasn't for you. Better to return it. I love my small hattie but should have returned it for the same reason. The logo lock on the strap not only opens but it's hard to adjust back in place or switch design sides. I worry about wearing down the leather there, so i don't flip the design over.

I thought about super gluing it shut because it was such a cute purse.....but that didn't look like an option especially for the price of the bag. I am surprised it is still being sold without a refresh to fix it.
I saw one Youtube video by DooneyAddict615 who had glued the lock shut after having a problem
with it while out and about and narrowly missing a puddle of water!
I think the combination of the hinge which opens without some type of a locking mechanism and a shoulder bag which moves around is a recipe for problems.

I saw one Youtube video by DooneyAddict615 who had glued the lock shut after having a problem
with it while out and about and narrowly missing a puddle of water!
I think the combination of the hinge which opens without some type of a locking mechanism and a shoulder bag which moves around is a recipe for problems.

I love the Dooneynistas. They know all the tricks. Will look for that specific video. It's such a pain on the strap. But the Hattie is so nice.