Opinions on Eileen Fisher clothes and style & do you like her new hobo bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. you know, i really like eileen fisher.. it's simple, drapey, and comfortable. it kind of reminds me of calvin klein but not edgy. i don't know if that makes sense. i like the bag; i might love it! it just depends on what it looks like IRL and how it drapes on the shoulder. also i don't like heavy bags so it's nice that this doesn't have any hardware. i wonder what the lining is like. and is there a zip closure?

2. I think the clothes are good quality. The fit is usually on the looser/drapey side and I like things form fitting.

I think the bag is cute.

3. This bag reminds me of the Cole Haan triangle tote (for obvious reasons). I really like that bag, but I think I might like this one more.

4. I like her stuff. I find a lot of it is too big for me. I can sometimes wear the misses and sometimes I need petite. But the selection in petite is not big. I think that the clothes look better on tall people but I still really like the look of them. I, on the other hand, hate form fitting stuff. But I also have to be careful about looking frumpy, especially being on the short side (I am shy of 5'3"). I wasn't buying it for a long time, because there isn't a lot of variation in the style. But lately, she has been making more trendy stuff, IMO. Or maybe the layered look that she designs is more in style now than 8 years ago when I first got hooked on her stuff. I just recently bought two outfits.

I would have to see the bag in person. It might be too big for me. Not sure about the color. Might be too orangey.

5. I know this thread is somewhat old, but I just received the Everthing Bag in Canyon (cognac brown) from Neiman Marcus and I LOVE it! My only complaint is that the top has not closure, so I might see about getting a magnetic snap to put in it. The leather is soft and smooshy and I believe will break in to become even more rich and lovely. I've been feeling blinged out lately and the simplicity of this bag is exactly what I was craving.

Here's a link to the bag, and I will try to post pics later...

http://www.eileenfisher.com/scripts/ecatalogisapi.dll/Item3?Item=117786&Group=1125915749&Template=9990000001001999&desc=The%20Everything%20Bag%20in%20Earth%20Conscious%20Leather

It costs less on the Neimans site at $262, but is currently sold out.

6. Bumping this thread. I love the colors of EF's most recent collection. Anyone else?