Opinions on Deauville??

Aug 30, 2011
Hey everyone. I'm considering the Deauville as my next LV purchase. I'm looking for a great traveling companion piece. I'd like opinions about the bag from other Deauville owners. What do you like and/or dislike about the bag? Would you buy it again? Other than travel, what are other ways you use the bag? Thanks so much.

I use the Deauville as my everyday bag and it's fabulous. It fits HEAPS and with all the little pockets and stuff, it is a very organised bag! It looks fabulous with a bandeau to dress it up. Only drawback ... it can get a little bit heavy. I would definitely buy it again and am actually considering doing just that when the straps on my one give out. That's something to be careful of if you are purchasing second hand - make sure the bits where the handles attach (kind of like hook things) are not worn as it is VERY expensive to replace them.

I love my deauville!!

I use it as my everyday bag. It fits so much into it. I wrapped my handles with a Hermes twilly to protect the leather.

It's probably the best bag I've ever bought! I would definitely buy it again.

I have a Deauville and only use it for travel. It's a big bag, too big for me to carry as an everyday bag. But, I also find it almost too small as a travel bag - good for jewelry and cosmetics, only. Also, it doesn't have a shoulder strap, so when it is filled for travel, it is very heavy.

I think it's beautiful and classic, and wish I used it more.

I use my Deauville as an everyday bag I add a bandeau to add some flavour to her lol, no issues with it at all and I would love it in ebene and azur too!

Here's my baby :love:

Wow. Thanks everyone. I'm sold. Now that I don't travel with small children anymore I'd like to have a multi-purpose travel bag for just me that's more attractive and not made of nylon or pvc!!:ty: