Opinions on Davis tassel shopper

GoStanford

O.G.
Jun 28, 2012
Hi - I am new to the Dooney subforum. I just got the Davis tassel shopper in magenta on sale. Thing is that I already have a magenta shoulder bag but a different style. I really wish they had brown or navy on sale. Dooney website has olive on sale for 201 but I am hesitating.

What do you think about the Davis tassel shopper? Does it get heavy when loaded up? I have been enjoying the new classic look of the Dooney bags and miss the one I had years ago!

Hi - I am new to the Dooney subforum. I just got the Davis tassel shopper in magenta on sale. Thing is that I already have a magenta shoulder bag but a different style. I really wish they had brown or navy on sale. Dooney website has olive on sale for 201 but I am hesitating.

What do you think about the Davis tassel shopper? Does it get heavy when loaded up? I have been enjoying the new classic look of the Dooney bags and miss the one I had years ago!

GoStanford
Love the Davis tassel, don't own one yet but like you waiting on a navy to go on clearance, hopefully in the range of $140 I have carried the teal one around the store and it is super light.

MiaBorsa said:
ILoveDooney.com (authorized D&B retailer) has the olive Davis for $169. http://www.ilovedooney.com/servlet/Categories

If you have the magenta, why not load it up with your stuff and see if you think it's too heavy?

Good idea - I was lazy about taking out all the tissue and loading it up if I was undecided on the color.

Can somebody address what ilovedooney dot com is? Multiple threads on the qvc website say it is legit and may even be part of the same company but I don't understand why D&B would undercut their own prices like that. And the trade in program - even consignment doesn't offer such a generous return on original price. Do they resell the bags later in eb@y or something?

The ILoveDooney website is Dooney's Ebay storefront. I suppose it's just an outlet for overstock, etc. I have purchased from them several times and the merchandise is authentic, first quality and brand new. They do have a short return window though...two weeks.

The trade in program is one of those perks to buying Dooney and was not widely known or publicized in the past. It's a great deal. I believe the bags from trade in are destroyed.

Hi

I have the Davis tassel shopper, actually I have 3 of them. I love them! I got my first one last May. It was in the ocean color and I fell in love with the color so I got the bag. I was amazed as to how much I liked it once I started carrying it. It's so light weight and roomy and love the easy care of the leather. The other 2 I have are red and magenta.

MaryBel said:
Hi

I have the Davis tassel shopper, actually I have 3 of them. I love them! I got my first one last May. It was in the ocean color and I fell in love with the color so I got the bag. I was amazed as to how much I liked it once I started carrying it. It's so light weight and roomy and love the easy care of the leather. The other 2 I have are red and magenta.

Thanks everybody for sharing! How is your bag wearing? I get concerned about fading or having
To baby corners.

Thanks everybody for sharing! How is your bag wearing? I get concerned about fading or having
To baby corners.

Hi
I have only carried the one in ocean, I carried it first as soon as I got it, which says a lot since I still have bags that I got more than a year ago still new with tags. I carried it for about 2 or 3 weeks and then a few months ago I carried it again for about 2 weeks. It still looks brand new. The only part where you can see that the bag is not brand new is in the under side of the straps since they are the natural vachetta, so they are a little darker, but it's perfect. I'm careful with my bags but I feel that this one doesn't need any care, kind of like if it was a coatted cotton bag. That's the thing I love the most about this bag, that the leather, which seems to have a coating, it's still a bit soft but I think it would be very durable.

MaryBel said:
Hi
I have only carried the one in ocean, I carried it first as soon as I got it, which says a lot since I still have bags that I got more than a year ago still new with tags. I carried it for about 2 or 3 weeks and then a few months ago I carried it again for about 2 weeks. It still looks brand new. The only part where you can see that the bag is not brand new is in the under side of the straps since they are the natural vachetta, so they are a little darker, but it's perfect. I'm careful with my bags but I feel that this one doesn't need any care, kind of like if it was a coatted cotton bag. That's the thing I love the most about this bag, that the leather, which seems to have a coating, it's still a bit soft but I think it would be very durable.

Thanks for the info! I actually like aged natural leather but for some reason corner wear especially prematurely really bothers me. Good to know this bag doesn't have that.