Opinions on Cl vs LV shoes...

I asked this question in the LV thread and so far there was no response. Lol

Are LV shoes a no-no when compared to CL shoes?

I dont think there a no no there just not the same kind of style as loubies are. I find lv's are more classic shoes and cls are more exotic and unique. Also the sole is more recognizable ten lv's are and some people like it to be known that there shoes are expensive kwim?

I kind of think differently. Both LV shoes and CL shoes like to be known for their brand. LV has lots of blinged metal-ware, monogram, or some form of LV sign on the shoe. CL just has it on the sole.

Width - LVs are normal to wide
Heel height - LVs are clearly incomparable to CL's 160 height now. If you go higher than 3 inches in LV shoes, they also tend to be uncomfortable.
Style - LVs are typically pretty casual to conservative. CLs... are pretty wild these days. Most CL's shoe design have a sexier silhouette due to its high pitch. I don't think LV's are nearly as sexy looking as CLs and I think few would disagree...
Comfort - LVs are in general almost all more comfortable than CLs (toebox), except for LV's sandals which are often horribly made. LV's monogram or vachetta leather on shoes are just the worst idea ever.

I see most people would go with CL for the bulk of their shoes and I would too. I was just wondering if a gal went from wearing CL shoes to LV - would it be a major don't fashion wise...

CL is the holly grail of shoes while LV is a more classic brand of shoes.

Wow. Being that LV is such a hot designer I would of never thought that their shoes would of been considered classic. I guess when I think about classic I think simple. LV shoes cost just as much as some CL shoes and since their bags are a must I wondered if they could compete with CL in th shoe department.

When I buy LV shoes, I'd only go for non-classic ones, in limited seasonal designs if they caught my attention. I wouldn't buy classic for LV, CL would be a better preference in that department. Overall, I'd prefer to spend on a pair of CLs.

Speaking from my personal experience, I find LV shoes uncomfortable. Their flats hurt my feet. Their heels hurt my feet even more, I still wear them, but if looking for comfort, CL makes relatively comfortable high heels. I think it's the hidden platform CL uses in a lot of styles. I go LV when I want a simple classic line ( their logos can be small details hidden on shoes) and CL when I want attention (that flash of red is totally visible even under bootcut jeans)