Trinity Ring Classic Ceramic

kjw46

Jan 20, 2011
Hello!

My fiance purchased the cartier black ceramic and white gold trinity as a valentine's gift, however I'm not certain whether or not the piece is classic enough to hold up over the years.

I plan on pairing it with my engagement ring, which is a Tiffany 0.88 emerald cut solitaire with side baguettes (see attached picture, sorry don't have mod pic- it's getting sized!), but am unsure if it will overpower the ring as well? I'm attempting to choose between this trinity and the classic with 4 mm bands, or potentially even the thin (I think 2.9 mm bands). Please let me know what you all think, we're planning on heading in to Cartier tomorrow but still need to have the ceramic and white gold special ordered as my size is apparently sold out in the country!! Thanks so much :flowers:!!

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,525
  • photo (10).jpg
    photo (10).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,288
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,818
The Trinity with ceramic is nice and trendy but if you want a classic piece to wear with your lovely ering you should stick to the classic Trinity.

I'm also not certain that ceramic is as durable as gold...

Thanks for your response carnel! You make excellent points, and actually brought up something I meant to about the durability of ceramic which I had been wondering about.

Between the classic sized 3 gold trinity and the thin, which do you think would look better stacked with my e-ring?

I'm still torn with the white gold and ceramic because my fiance picked it out and really loves it!

Since you're the one who will be wearing the ring you should be the one making the decision: don't feel guilty, your fiance wants to please you and will certainly agree with whatever ring you choose :smile:

The thin would look more balanced with your ering IMO, but of course you'll have to try both...enjoy your trip to Cartier ;)

Between the classic sized 3 gold trinity and the thin, which do you think would look better stacked with my e-ring?

I tried on the mini and the ultra thin and found that the mini looked better on its own and the ultra thin looked better stacked. I also have moderately short fingers though, so definitely take some time to try all the sizes before you decide!

First of all, you have a stunning e-ring! Congrats on your vday gift, it's gorgeous, but it's hard to imagine how will it look with your ring... Personally I think it might be too much to wear them together. As for the ceramic, it probably is less durable than gold, so for an everyday ring I would choose the gold Trinity. I have the small trinity and it is a great ring to stack btw. Regarding your fiance, I think you could talk to him about exchanging the ring for an all gold one, he should understand your concerns. Or you can keep this one and buy the gold one on a different occasion :smile:

I tried the ring on in the store, the one with ceramic, white gold and white diamonds and it is stunning and definately on my radar.

I would be wearing on my right hand though!

First of all, you have a stunning e-ring! Congrats on your vday gift, it's gorgeous, but it's hard to imagine how will it look with your ring... Personally I think it might be too much to wear them together. As for the ceramic, it probably is less durable than gold, so for an everyday ring I would choose the gold Trinity. I have the small trinity and it is a great ring to stack btw. Regarding your fiance, I think you could talk to him about exchanging the ring for an all gold one, he should understand your concerns. Or you can keep this one and buy the gold one on a different occasion :smile:

I agree.
It Looks stunning, but I don't see them working well together.
Incidentally I have one of the wider trinity rings in gold - they're wonderful classics.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreciate all the input :smile:. Thanks also for the compliments on my engagement ring- I love it and it took 3 and a half years and lots of time surfing this forum before I could commit so that makes me very happy to hear :P.

I think I'm beginning to agree that they might be too much worn together, but I love to stack! I want to be able to wear the trinity ring both alone and with my ring, so I'm not really too sure about the ultra thin model. I guess we'll see tomorrow how it turns out!

On another note- have you guys found that the trinity runs true to size? I'm not sure if my fingers have just gotten a little smaller, but I used to wear a 47 which is what my fiance picked up- but in the trinity it was absolutely huge on my finger! Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreciate all the input :smile:. Thanks also for the compliments on my engagement ring- I love it and it took 3 and a half years and lots of time surfing this forum before I could commit so that makes me very happy to hear :P.

I think I'm beginning to agree that they might be too much worn together, but I love to stack! I want to be able to wear the trinity ring both alone and with my ring, so I'm not really too sure about the ultra thin model. I guess we'll see tomorrow how it turns out!

On another note- have you guys found that the trinity runs true to size? I'm not sure if my fingers have just gotten a little smaller, but I used to wear a 47 which is what my fiance picked up- but in the trinity it was absolutely huge on my finger! Anyone else have this problem?

I feel like I have at least two sizes to my trinity depending on how it is twisted/rolled.
I love that it fits multiple fingers on both hands. Not much help I know.

I just got the classic trinity for our 3 years anniversary and its just the right size to wear on its own and to stack. I found the thiner ones abit blah to be honest, especially worn on its own. If it was me, I would exchange the ceramic. It's not as durable as all gold if you want to wear everyday.

I think you're supposed to go one size up with the trinity. Are you certain they gave your fiancé a 47? I'm wondering if maybe your fiancé told them your ring size is 47 and they gave him one size up to account for the three rings. My ering is size 4, which translates to 46.5 and the 47 trinity fit me perfectly. If you're going to the store though, that just means more to try on! :smile:

Sizing in the Trinity is 1-2 sizes smaller then usual, because of the rolling action and space underneath. I would be a ring size 7 in such a wide ring, but I choose 54 which is a good fit. It has be as snug as possible otherwise it can be uncomfortable between the fingers ( if you know what I mean )

A trip to Cartier is always wonderful, have fun ;)