Opinions on a tie...

Great advice above!
It really comes down to personal preference, color of your wardrobe, and if you want a light/dark color.

The first tie is very understated and classic.

The second one has a touch of fun and whimsy.

H makes great tie designs - I love giving them as gifts. I always tend to go towards ‘fun’ so would choose the 2nd one but that’s just me personally. Good luck and have fun picking one out.

I haven't purchased a Hermes tie, before.

What do you think about these themes.View attachment 4296670 View attachment 4296671

Hermès makes amazing ties, in my opinion the best value for money products Hermès has to offer. I own several Hermès ties but always avoided anything with the "H" motive, as I think it's too conspicious and not something that belongs on classic menswear. THe more whimsical ties, like the 2nd one pictured, are great for both formal and informal occasions. They often got a little "joke" on the back, which is a great conversation starter aswell! Added my most recent purchase as an example :smile:.

Attachments

• WP_20190129_11_27_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190129_11_27_35_Pro.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 144
  • WP_20190129_11_28_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190129_11_28_30_Pro.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 145
Think about the design but also think about the colour. Not always true but usually the stronger the contrast between the tie and shirt the more formal,, in addition usually the more contrast/brightness the stronger the statement too.

If you like the two above equally then unless your suit's light the first is going to be very subtle. I think unless a particular animal or theme has a strong personal resonance you could get a bit bored with it, but if it does chime it can be great.

If you are able to go in to try on, wear or take one of your usual shirts with you.

Hermès makes amazing ties, in my opinion the best value for money products Hermès has to offer. I own several Hermès ties but always avoided anything with the "H" motive, as I think it's too conspicious and not something that belongs on classic menswear. THe more whimsical ties, like the 2nd one pictured, are great for both formal and informal occasions. They often got a little "joke" on the back, which is a great conversation starter aswell! Added my most recent purchase as an example :smile:.

that is too cute! I love it!

Reactions: Rumm

I think there’s a legion of men in this world who would not recognize a pattern as an “H motive...too conspicuous... and not belonging on Classic...” They would, I believe, simply see an elegant item of clothing reflecting the excellent taste of the man wearing it. To me it’s no different than women like myself who sometimes select silks that include H symbols or women who rock the classic Constance bag with its prominent H clasp. We each have our own comfort level but personally I would not dissuade someone from purchasing any H tie for that reason.

Love the tie you selected (your collection demonstrates impeccable taste), whimsical ones are my personal favorites. Ironically, however, I think they are more likely to draw attention as people sometimes stare until they have sorted out the pattern.

Reactions: Rumm
I think there’s a legion of men in this world who would not recognize a pattern as an “H motive...too conspicuous... and not belonging on Classic...” They would, I believe, simply see an elegant item of clothing reflecting the excellent taste of the man wearing it. To me it’s no different than women like myself who sometimes select silks that include H symbols or women who rock the classic Constance bag with its prominent H clasp. We each have our own comfort level but personally I would not dissuade someone from purchasing any H tie for that reason.

Love the tie you selected (your collection demonstrates impeccable taste), whimsical ones are my personal favorites. Ironically, however, I think they are more likely to draw attention as people sometimes stare until they have sorted out the pattern.

I appreciate your reply and I can see where you are coming from; I understand that there's (a lot) of people who like the H motive, not for conspicious reasons but just because they like the look of it. I myself have trouble wearing anything that portrais a brand too much (e.g. I never wear the Burberry tie in the picture, but I do wear several other burberry ties that have different motives). In the end the decision is up to the purchaser, as he/she would have to go and wear it ;).

Thank you for the compliment on my tie (collection), it's 4 layers deep :angel:

I like both ties. I think just get the one you like better. Sometimes if I plan out a purchase too much based on my wardrobe, I wear/use the item less than an item that I just love. You could also get both!