opinions? (omega aqua terra)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I've been lurking on here for 3 months or so. My current crave is a decent watch for everyday casual wear.

I have been looking at the mid-size datejust (oyster/smooth) but I don't know how comfortable I would feel wearing the "rolex" name (I'm a very low-key, understated girl). I don't particularly like the stick markers on the Rolex (prefer the roman numerals) but I love the markers on this Omega and the fact that they are illuminated & easy to read is a plus for me.

Here are my basic requirements for an everyday watch: well-constructed, waterproof, easy to read in low light, and (of course) cute. I also prefer automatic (not quartz) watches.

I'd love your opinions on this model!

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=177&details=1&ref=23110302006001&no_cache=1

Thanks,
    Sarah

2. I really like that watch! I got an Omega Constellation for my 21st in gold and stainless with a diamond bezel, at the time I wanted a Cartier Tank Francaise but my grandmother who bought it for me didn't think Cartier was a proper make and didn't want to buy me one. She would have bought me a Rolex datejust but at the time I didn't like it. I regretted not having the Rolex for years. The Omega is a good watch and I wore it for 4 years until my husband bought me a gold and stainless Tank for Christmas this year.

Basically I think that Omega are good watches but they will never have the desireability of Cartier or Rolex. The Constellation I have has only gone up by about £200 in 4 years whereas my Cartier has gone up by about £1000. Out of all the Omega's the one you like is my favourite as it has a Rolex look to it, however it is far more expensive than most of the other Omega's and if it was me I would go for the Rolex or Cartier.;)