Opinions of the Parker Zip Satchel 14155

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I bought a black leather parker zip convertible satchel at the outlet today. I am speaking of the larger, convertible satchel with the removable crossbody strap and the 2 outside zipper compartments. There are pics of it at the link below (NMA!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/COACH-PARKER-BL...emQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item3a5907a957

I am debating whether or not to keep her. Does anyone have this bag? How has it worked for you? I think it's gorgeous and I got it at a great price but I already have some black bags - if only they had it in the garnet color!

I was able to put all my stuff into it with no problem but the zippers seem a bit stiff - but maybe that's because it's new? How well does the gorgeous soft Parker leather wear?

Right now she's in my closet in her dustbag waiting for me to decide whether or not to keep her; thanks in advance for any information you can share!

I have not seen this bag in person but I love the look and style of it, as well as the long crossbody strap. I never had a chance to get this bag and I wish I did. I think it's perfect as a black bag, being both functional, timeless and made of the gorgeous gelato parker leather! The front zipper on my parker hippies was stiff at first, but got smoother over time. You can also rub wax paper on the zipper.

If I were you, I would keep it :smile:

I would keep it also, it's very attractive and with the compartments it looks convenient to use. I looked seriously at this bag many times in the department stores. But I have several black bags already and so never got her.

But I have several black bags already and so never got her.

That's really my only issue with this bag. I got it a great price ($128, MSRP $358) and it's really cute and seems very functional. It's just that I already have several black bags and don't know how often I will use this one. It might be better to return her and use the money for a non-black bag.

I am trying to figure out how well it is likely to wear to help me decide if I should keep her. The Parker leather is very soft and luxourious but I am wondering how well it holds up over time?

That's really my only issue with this bag. I got it a great price ($128, MSRP $358) and it's really cute and seems very functional. It's just that I already have several black bags and don't know how often I will use this one. It might be better to return her and use the money for a non-black bag.

I am trying to figure out how well it is likely to wear to help me decide if I should keep her. The Parker leather is very soft and luxourious but I am wondering how well it holds up over time?

I think then perhaps it would be best to let her go and find a bag that you will fall in love with :smile:

I have two parker hippies (cinnamon and graphite) and they both have held up great! ((incase you decide to keep her, lol ^.^))

I have the sholder bag and she still looks good as new!!!! I just love the leather, I don't think I could give up a parker bag. One of my classmates has one and I told her if she finds it missing don't look at me...lol. Can you tell I so missed the boat when they came out.

I think then perhaps it would be best to let her go and find a bag that you will fall in love with :smile:

That sounds like good advice. I was very attracted to the bag but my decision was partly based on the fact that it was such a great deal - and I was in a hurry, too. She's very pretty but better to put the money toward a bag that I totally love and will be able to use more often. I just have to quit buying black bags!

I'm going to think about it a bit more but I will probably return her (and if they send me "the letter" maybe it will cure my addiction!)

Thanks!

I love black bags, and truth be told, I think they are my favorite along with the brown leathers. Black bags can be classic, sexy, latest fashion, pretty much go with everything and fill every need.

I liked this one because it seemed very useful and still beautiful. If I had the luck to find it at the price you paid, I would certainly be keeping it.

Personally I think the leather will be fine. I have a couple of Parker bags and love the soft leather.

That sounds like good advice. I was very attracted to the bag but my decision was partly based on the fact that it was such a great deal - and I was in a hurry, too. She's very pretty but better to put the money toward a bag that I totally love and will be able to use more often. I just have to quit buying black bags!

I'm going to think about it a bit more but I will probably return her (and if they send me "the letter" maybe it will cure my addiction!)

Thanks!
Maybe I come too late,actually this is the bag I'm looking for.Would you mind sell this black bag to me,if you have not return it.

I had this bag and the strap squeaked REALLY LOUD, it was embarrassing to walk around with it, I showed the SAs and they gave me my money back so mine is returned.

I really liked the bag but it was a bit smaller than I prefer and I was trying to break my "black bag habit" so I returned it - but it was a very nice purse!