Opinions of Linea Pelle Dylan Tote

tfhaym01

Mar 31, 2008
I am a new-be to this and I need some help!

I have been stalking the new Linea Pelle line and really like the looks of the Dylan tote. The problem is, I can't find anyone in Atlanta that carries them and I would really like to see at lease one of their purses in person before I buy it (I can't return it if I buy it cause it is on sale). Any opinions on that line or that exact purse?

Just to give you an idea of my style.....I love Hayden Harnett and Cole Haan. There leather is durable and their purses are very well made.

Thanks!!!

I have one and I bought it from the Saks Off Fifth outlet. They usually have it there all the time so if there's one close to you, it might be worth checking out. The bag looks very rugged, and tumbled. The leather is soft but very prone to water marks. Definitely a casual bag. It's very light too. The construction is kinda narrow so it looks best when it's not filled to the brim.

I live in Atlanta, and the Off 5th at the Georgia 400 Premium Outlets always has some LP bags. They may not have one that you want, but at least you can appreciate the quality.
I am addicted to LP!!!
:yes:

Oh, and the Dylan is my favorite line. Right now on the www.lpcollection.com website there are some really crazy-low sales go to the SALES section and you will find Dylan totes in both smooth and quilted leather.

I have one and I bought it from the Saks Off Fifth outlet. They usually have it there all the time so if there's one close to you, it might be worth checking out. The bag looks very rugged, and tumbled. The leather is soft but very prone to water marks. Definitely a casual bag. It's very light too. The construction is kinda narrow so it looks best when it's not filled to the brim.

Eep! I guess I need to get some protectant for my Quilted Mini Speedy then.

The bag looks very rugged, and tumbled. The leather is soft but very prone to water marks. Definitely a casual bag.

Really, I have several LP bags and have been caught in the rain and not one of them got stained with any water marks.
:confused1:
Which style bag do you have that did that?

i just got a dylan tote in black and the leather is kinda pebbled.....is it supposed to be? on the website it looks a lot more smooth.

I have three bags from the "dylan" family and one on the way (a mahogany tote) and none of them are pebbled. Not even slightly pebbled. They are as smooth as butter (and feel as soft and squishy as butter, too!). Where did yours come from?

i just got a dylan tote in black and the leather is kinda pebbled.....is it supposed to be? on the website it looks a lot more smooth.
I ordered a Dylan messenger from a website that was also pebbled. It was my first Linea Pelle but I know in the pics on their site it was not pebbled. This one came from Boutique to You.

If you love HH you will adore LP -- if you want to go a notch funkier.
LP uses a much higher grade leather and I believe their designs and craftmanship are better, as well.
My baby Dylan xbody is a sweetie. I have the bare neccessities in her for quicktrips and if I use my shopper, she just hops in.

I have three bags from the "dylan" family and one on the way (a mahogany tote) and none of them are pebbled. Not even slightly pebbled. They are as smooth as butter (and feel as soft and squishy as butter, too!). Where did yours come from?

i ordered my bag from the website. there is one small patch that is perfectly smooth, than the rest of the bag is def pebbled. i was really turned off by it since from the pics on the website i assumed it was supposed to be smooth......i called to make an exchange, the only thing is that its in black and i looked at the availability online and they only have mahogany or midnight. is there any chance that i would get a black one again?

here are some pics of what im talking about. its basically all over the bag

Attachments

• 100_0871.JPG
    100_0871.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_0872.JPG
    100_0872.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 163
i ordered my bag from the website. there is one small patch that is perfectly smooth, than the rest of the bag is def pebbled. i was really turned off by it since from the pics on the website i assumed it was supposed to be smooth......i called to make an exchange, the only thing is that its in black and i looked at the availability online and they only have mahogany or midnight. is there any chance that i would get a black one again?

here are some pics of what im talking about. its basically all over the bag

That bag will last you 50+ yrs! Don't forget that 'washed' and 'distressed' leathers have been treated (weakened) to attain the looks and softness. What you have is technically better and may be the leather they used because it's the blackest black. The washed leathers have a faded quality and have been stripped of the top layer yours still has. Maybe you have the only one like it. Did you order Iron ? Could be a lucky mistake.
Yours looks beautiful to me.

Ooh, I like the texture of your black tote, vasiliki! It looks very rich. Sadly, the black non-quilted, non-patchwork Dylan totes seem to be sold out. If you are not happy with the bag, I would still call LP to check if there's any more. They're very nice, but only thing is, it might take a few days to get a confirmation on that (currently my experience w/ their communication with the warehouse). Good luck!