Opinions of H lovers on non-H custom items?

KWittman

Things Are Good
Sep 22, 2006
I know it's established we all love H ! :P

I do wonder if any of those on this board who actively love, own and collect H also seek out custom items not necessarily made by Hermes or any other well-known designer.

For example, say you have an iPad and just can't find a cover solution that works for you, does anyone here ever go have someone just make what they want?

I guess what I am saying is, when you get to a certain point and you know your leathers and colors and what you would like, and even your favorite designers don't make exactly what you want, and you have the resources to get what you want if necessary, I wondered what others do.

I am NOT looking for names of designers, or referrals, I am just looking for examples of items that Hermes lovers on this board have wanted but could not find and had made elsewhere - it's a variation on the "what would you like Hermes to make" query paired with wondering if you just stopped waiting for Hermes to make what you wanted and having something special made that you more or less custom order or design yourself.

Yes, I have thought about it when it comes to an iPad cover! I can't find anything I like.

Just wondering if I am missing a wave where people stop looking for what they want in what others make, and have things made for them ...

I have to say the one thing I have had made was this perfect suede shawl in Italy it was made from the best soft suede available, with long fringes in a cognac color I wear every now and then and i never found it anywhere else so this little shop made it for me it's perfect perfect ! It looks like the Hermes cashmere and leather shawl again its all suede and it's huge .

In SH .. have a cobbler where I have shoes custom'd.
I choose leathers and tweak styles. Also have tailors etc.

I too wish I can find the perfect ipad case^ .. hence .. I have no ipad .. lol

While I love the look of the jumping boots, I finding that they do not feel right on me when I tried them on. I wish I can to find a cobbler that can make the perfect boots and heels. Maybe a trip to Italy? :graucho:

Last edited:
A little off topic but to KW & FO, check out Valextra. They offer a really lovely i-pad case. I just bought a small Valextra Boston bag in Oyster and I love the craftsmanship along with the handfeel of the leather.

thanks littlemomai!
i tried V@ Barney's .. they had a 30-40% off a month back, maybe they were sold out, shall try again when I'm back :flowers:

A little off topic but to KW & FO, check out Valextra. They offer a really lovely i-pad case. I just bought a small Valextra Boston bag in Oyster and I love the craftsmanship along with the handfeel of the leather.

Thanks for the tip! That is a lovely case, and I am hard to please sometimes! I have been through two cases that have just not quite done it for me.

Seems like when I find something protective enough, it's too heavy, or when I go lighter, it doesn't seem like the armor I am looking for. Catch 22. Thank you for the advice!