Opinions needed!

Jun 9, 2011
Hi folks,

I hope it's OK to post a poll and thread like this. I'm thinking of selling my Prada clutch from the Fall 2012 season. (I DO NOT PLAN ON USING THIS THREAD TO SELL MY OWN ITEM! I just really want thoughtful opinions)...

....here's why: I use it only occassionally. I love the pattern but am wondering if it looks too "trendy" to others. Also, I would love to save up for a pre-loved Chanel. That said, this clutch is my only Prada bag, and I do like it. I'm kind of on the fence, as you can tell. I'd love honest opinions about the pattern, color, style (clutch), etc. Thank you very much in advance, and again, I hope I'm not violating any PF rules.

Attachments

• PRADA 004 (Small).jpg
    PRADA 004 (Small).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 158
  • PRADA 006 (Small).jpg
    PRADA 006 (Small).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 164
What is more practical for you? Would you regret selling the Prada in the future when a certain event comes up? Would the Chanel be better for your lifestyle?

If you don't need the use of the clutch and would rather have the Chanel bag with no regrets go for it.

Would you regret buying the chanel in the future?

These are some of things you need to ask yourself. I bought and sold a bag to get another years ago and regretted it not long after. Just some food for thought.

Clutches are not meant to be used all the time - so just because you only use it occasionally doesn't mean you should sell it.

Now, if you only use it occasionally because it doesn't truly fit in to your lifestyle, then yes, sell it to fund something else.

I myself had this quandary last year; I was doing my yearly closet clean-out and noticed I had a few small pieces that I rarely carried, and I thought I should go ahead and sell them; then I stopped myself - Of course I rarely carried them, they were for special or other occasions, but at least I had them for those times. I would have kicked myself now if I had sold then, because they are used. It might be once a year, but -.

Oh - and trendy? TRENDY? No, dearheart - if you like the pattern - and the clutch obviously mattered to you enough, you bought it after all - it matters not what others think.

:heart:

^That's true - clutches aren't meant to be used all the time. If it's worthy in your collection (even as a clutch) then you may want to consider keeping it. Do you think that if you sold it, it would be something that you would regret?

You're all right!! I agree. Not selling it. :smile: I would really regret it, the more I think about it. Actually, I love it. I don't consider myself a "clutch" person, but who wears a clutch all the time? Not many do. But you're right -- it's there when I want it and want to rock it.

Thanks, ladies!!!

You're all right!! I agree. Not selling it. :smile: I would really regret it, the more I think about it. Actually, I love it. I don't consider myself a "clutch" person, but who wears a clutch all the time? Not many do. But you're right -- it's there when I want it and want to rock it.

Thanks, ladies!!!
Yay! That's what we're here for - and if we can save somebody else that heartache we've all been through, then that's good enough! You are very welcome!

Purple is a great color and has been ‘In’ for a few seasons now. Speaking from only a personal level, because it it a clutch, this Prada would have limited usage if in my collection. However, it is bold enough to be a head turner and I can see using it with an all white outfit to give a shocking contrast. The pattern is just bold and beautiful.

IMO every gal should have at least 2 clutches in their collection. One that is sort of traditional and classic for those times when you need - wedding - baptism. Etc. and then another sort of statement head wow factor clutch that goes with the occasion but has that nice pop about it. Some people although they might like color don't feel like they themselves can pull it off but can admire someone who does or their piece. :smile:. I think it is a lovely piece and that looks like a clutch done right. You should hold onto to it or I might come looking to snatch it away. Lol. Most people use clutches once in a while. And I try to use mine as much as I can without my kids. Date night with my hubby. But still it never gets used as much as I like. But I love my clutch. So I keep it. :smile:. Purple is my fav color! :smile: