Opinions needed--which hobo?

Scarlett106

Apr 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this forum because I have recently discovered LC! I'm contemplating my first few purchases. I'm positive I want the Le Pliage neo (with strap) in either small or medium. But I also want a big "carry all" for when I have to lug more stuff around, and I can't decide between the classic Le Pliage hobo and the Neo hobo. Here are links to each:

http://us.longchamp.com/handbags/le-pliage/hobo-bag-2450089?sku=21239

http://us.longchamp.com/handbags/le-pliage-neo/hobo-bag-1080578?sku=20501

The original (non-Neo) is over $100 cheaper, and I like the leather touches and more discreet logo. But the Neo is sleeker--I don't love the cell phone holder that sticks out on the original--and I like the zippered pocket for stashing items in quickly.

Does anyone own one or the other, or both? If you had to pick, which would you pick? I feel like the contrasting leather trim on the original adds a touch of class...but I like the more streamlined look of the Neo. if you prefer the Neo, is it worth $100 difference?

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure why no one has replied to this...just looking for advice here! This will be my first LC purchase.

I'm trying to attach pictures to the post but am having issues. The links' images are better anyway. Thanks in advance!

I am going to be frank.

I'd probably go with the classic Le Pliage Hobo.

I bought the Le Pliage Neo(crossbody) for my mom and after her first outing with mama, she had these marks.

I suspect they were from when my mom washed her hands and it splashed up but it was so obvious that it bothered us.

I took these photos hours after the incident. It DID come off when I cleaned it up with baby wipes but I didn't like how it looked so messy while we were out.

It all comes down to you though!

Attachments

• 20140816_170023.jpg
    20140816_170023.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20140816_170009.jpg
    20140816_170009.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20140816_170018.jpg
    20140816_170018.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 208
Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this forum because I have recently discovered LC! I'm contemplating my first few purchases. I'm positive I want the Le Pliage neo (with strap) in either small or medium. But I also want a big "carry all" for when I have to lug more stuff around, and I can't decide between the classic Le Pliage hobo and the Neo hobo. Here are links to each:

http://us.longchamp.com/handbags/le-pliage/hobo-bag-2450089?sku=21239

http://us.longchamp.com/handbags/le-pliage-neo/hobo-bag-1080578?sku=20501

The original (non-Neo) is over $100 cheaper, and I like the leather touches and more discreet logo. But the Neo is sleeker--I don't love the cell phone holder that sticks out on the original--and I like the zippered pocket for stashing items in quickly.

Does anyone own one or the other, or both? If you had to pick, which would you pick? I feel like the contrasting leather trim on the original adds a touch of class...but I like the more streamlined look of the Neo. if you prefer the Neo, is it worth $100 difference?

Thanks so much!

I don't own either of these, but I'm not in love with that cell phone pocket either. So I would probably choose the Neo but I don't know that it's $100 'better' than the pliage.

I am going to be frank.

I bought the Le Pliage Neo(crossbody) for my mom and after her first outing with mama, she had these marks.

I suspect they were from when my mom washed her hands and it splashed up but it was so obvious that it bothered us.

I took these photos hours after the incident. It DID come off when I cleaned it up with baby wipes but I didn't like how it looked so messy while we were out.

Oh dear! I'm glad to hear that it cleaned up ok. I treated one of my Neos with Apple Guarde…I wonder if that would make a difference at all. I'm not very careful with Neo because I consider it a toss around travel kind of bag, but I do think dark stains would be very obvious on it.

Thank you all for weighing in!

I am going to be frank.

That's terrible!! I'm so glad it came out, but that's annoying it even happened. Especially with the navy, which I thought would be more durable/hide more than, say, hydrangea.

I think I prefer the look of the original.

I do too, except for that cell phone pocket! But I like the contrasting leather of the original.....

I don't own either of these, but I'm not in love with that cell phone pocket either. So I would probably choose the Neo but I don't know that it's $100 'better' than the pliage.

My thoughts exactly. If it weren't for that pocket, I'd like the original, hands down. But that pocket seems so 90s to me, and it doesn't even look like it would hold a modern phone! haha But idk if it will bother me $100 worth...

Oh dear! I'm glad to hear that it cleaned up ok. I treated one of my Neos with Apple Guarde…I wonder if that would make a difference at all. I'm not very careful with Neo because I consider it a toss around travel kind of bag, but I do think dark stains would be very obvious on it.

I was actually going to ask about Apple Guard! I use it on my leather bags but wasn't sure about nylon. I don't want to be careful with my LC bag, either, since that's the whole point of me getting a nylon bag! I don't want it to show stains.

Thanks for replying, everyone! I'm going to go back to my boutique and have one last look. I think I'm leaning toward the original, just because of the price and also there are more color options.