OPINIONS NEEDED - which bag?

shayna07

Style with Shana
O.G.
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, all! I recently bought a pochette metis right before Christmas but ended up selling because I was not happy with the quality and the imperfections in the glazing.

However, I'm still in love with that bag and don't live near a store. The closet store to me is 3 hours. Thankfully I have developed a relationship with an SA there and she is on the hunt for me to find the perfect Pochette metis. I'm still worried that it will always have issues.

Now that it's been a month or so and after reading several threads on the forum and seeing YouTube videos and Instagram photos, I'm worried about the quality and it has almost made me pass on repurchasing the Pochette metis.

Also, on my wishlist is the Speedy B 25 in the monogram canvas. I am torn.....

Thanks in advance for any input! [emoji5][emoji4]

They're so different in terms of how much they hold, it might depend a little on what you carry. Do you have any other speedies already?

I have a regular vintage speedy 30 in the monogram.

I have been drawn to mini bags lately and have been carrying my nano noe, and Palm Springs mini backpack. I also have a petite noe, Balenciaga city, and Manaus Gavriel bucket bag. So it's a variety - I usuAlly just carry whatever the bag fits. [emoji4]

I just received my PM today and I've owned the speedy for a year. If I had to pick based on first impressions, my vote would go to the PM. It is so functional and stunning. I love the speedy but it's a black hole! It frustrates me to find my things and I only put about 6 items in there lol. I have the speedy B 30. Maybe if I had the speedy B 25 and an organizer that would help. I cant comment on the quality issues of the PM because I've only owned my for less than 6 hours. I did ask LV about it, and they said that they have worked to fix the issues. Who knows though...

The only reason I say speedy b is bc of the issues the PM has had. If the quality issues are fixed then I'd pick that though ;)

It sounds like you really really love the PM. I think you should wait for the empreinte version which, touch wood, hopefully won't have the same issues as the canvas PM. I've heard the price difference between the empreinte and canvas PMs is likely to be minimal, as with the Twice.

Hi, all! I recently bought a pochette metis right before Christmas but ended up selling because I was not happy with the quality and the imperfections in the glazing.

However, I'm still in love with that bag and don't live near a store. The closet store to me is 3 hours. Thankfully I have developed a relationship with an SA there and she is on the hunt for me to find the perfect Pochette metis. I'm still worried that it will always have issues.

Now that it's been a month or so and after reading several threads on the forum and seeing YouTube videos and Instagram photos, I'm worried about the quality and it has almost made me pass on repurchasing the Pochette metis.

Also, on my wishlist is the Speedy B 25 in the monogram canvas. I am torn.....

Thanks in advance for any input! [emoji5][emoji4]
Hi there!

I just sold my Pochette Metis...I did not find it super functional and as you stated, I was just too paranoid about something happening with the glazing eventually. It was a beautiful bag but just not for me. I do have a Speedy B 25 and I will never sell it. I LOVE it and found it way more functional than my PM. I have sold many of my LV bags and kept the ones that I felt were more classic and very functional...the Speedy B 25 was one of them that made the cut! I like that it can be arm carried or carried on the shoulder/crossbody. I just feel it is more of a timeless piece...just my opinion. I just wanted to let you know that I sold my PM too and haven't regretted it. HTH :smile:

I have both and I feel they're very different bags. However, if I had to choose only one, I'd choose the Speedy B 25 with no hesitation. It's the best bag ever IMO. Super functional, holds a ton, very beautiful and has no known issues. It'd be a no brainer to me.

i'd get the speedy or maybe wait for the PM in leather. i went through 2 PM's with glazing issues; one after 3 years the glazing started cracking like crazy, and the other (replacement) was defective with glazing within a few months. if your heart is truly set on the Pm, then be very patient - wait a year and see if the new batches from late 2016/2017 are completely free of the issues it previously had