opinions needed..which bag??????

cverhoff

Aug 7, 2006
ok...I need some opinions regarding these two bags. I like them equally for different reasons but I can only afford one for now. The Ali is my all time favorite. This one would be great because I really want and need a dark brown bag. I also love the Thompson hobo for the gorgeous ivory color, great leather and the fact that I don't own a large bag of any kind and need one. Which would you choose and why?:shrugs: They are both priced the same. So price isn't a factor. Thanks for your input!:yes:

or

Last edited:
I would get the Thompson hobo if it were me. I have had 2 Alis (well I still have 1) and I just never liked something about it... maybe the flap? I got the leigh and used it today and the flap didn't bother me as much so maybe not... I don't know..

I just really love that Thompson.. I love large hobo type bags.

I vote for the Ali - I had a Thompson Hobo for a nanosecond and it's huge and I wasn't crazy about the way it slouched - it doesn't really - just felt akward and I wasn't convinced that if I used it, it would get softer.

Although I agree with Suzzeee's comments regarding the Thompson, I still prefer this one. I personally avoid suede bags, so that's one reason I vote against the Ali, although I do like the all leather versions.

As for the Thompson, I still have my hobo, but I just don't wear it that much. It's really gorgeous leather, and a beautiful design, but I just never could get mine to slouch such that I felt comfortable. On the other hand, my Juliette has been great. It looks like from your photo, that bag is slouching a lot more than mine ever would. I also love that parchment color. I would give this one a shot if you want a larger bag. Good luck on your decision!

Thanks everyone for your opinions so far!:yes: REALLY, REALLY helpful points! :tup: I think everyone touched on one reason or another why I can't decide! I love the Ali bag itself and really want that dark brown color BUT the suede is throwing me off a bit. The Thompson, love the style, the color, the leather BUT I'm worried about it looking TOO big on me when I carry it. Although, as Baglady pointed out, it does have a nice slouch in the picture. Maybe this one isn't as stiff???? I'm still unsure!!! so....3 votes for Thompson and 2 votes for Ali..KEEP THE VOTES/OPINIONS COMING!!! ;)

Well I am a huge Ali fan but the suede would scare me a bit.. the thompson is beautiful but the color of that would also scare me a bit :P Does either one really grab you more than the other? They really are 2 completely different bags but I go through that all the time myself. :rolleyes: GL and let us know what you decide! :tup:

As much as I love my 3 Alis, I would go for the Thompson. I'm just not a fan of suede bags due to the fact that every suede bag I've ever had has gotten ruined somehow. I've found stains, scratches, bald spots where the suede rubbed off, color transfer, etc. Even with professional cleaning, they still looked dingy and worn.

As much as I love my 3 Alis, I would go for the Thompson. I'm just not a fan of suede bags due to the fact that every suede bag I've ever had has gotten ruined somehow. I've found stains, scratches, bald spots where the suede rubbed off, color transfer, etc. Even with professional cleaning, they still looked dingy and worn.

Good point! I forgot to mention the Ali is used and the Thompson is new with tags.

I have the Thompson in the same color so there's my vote!:tup: I do have Ali in several colors but I like the style of the hobo better. I also love the color! :yes:

oh...if you could post a pic, I would be forever grateful!!!! I would love a pic of the Thompson hobo next to the Ali and a modeling pic if you possibly have it. I did a search and there are no good Thompson hobos pics anywhere. Please, please, please!!!:sweatdrop:

Well I am a huge Ali fan but the suede would scare me a bit.. the thompson is beautiful but the color of that would also scare me a bit :P Does either one really grab you more than the other? They really are 2 completely different bags but I go through that all the time myself. :rolleyes: GL and let us know what you decide! :tup:

The suede is scaring me off a bit but the ivory color on the Thompson does not frighten me at all. I have my white Ali I have been using everyday since June. I'm obviously not scared of light colored bags! LOL...I think the Thompson is grabbing me more BUT I've never seen this bag in person so I'm worried about the size. The Ali I already have so I know that size/shape works for me but the suede is scary. Forgot to mention the Ali is used and the Thompson is new with tags....