Opinions needed please..

SummerGal

O.G.
Aug 26, 2008
Hello ladies! :smile:
Was wondering if you could help me out with some advice. I have a $1000 Saks gift card and my local Saks has a Louis Vuitton. I was contemplating which bag to get.

At the moment my SA has a large guccissima leather cherry red (more cranberry/ Bordeux color) Gucci Sukey bag on hold for me. I found this link of it:

http://forum.purseblog.com/link.php...&N=4294912411+306418110&bmUID=j5Gz2Mu

This Gucci Sukey is on sale at $950, so my gift card would pretty much cover it and I wouldn't have to pay a cent.

BUT, I was considering maybe getting an LV and paying the difference but for no more than a few hundred more. Maybe the Speedy B, Neverfull MM or Delightful GM. Or any suggestions? (In my current colllection I have both Gucci and LV so I wouldn't need one more than the other for variety. Is it worth is to pay extra? Would love to hear your input or any suggestions as well. Thanks in advance! ;)

As much as I love LV, I have to go with Gucci. It is leather vs. canvas. I have a Gucci wallet in leather and it is amazing quality and so beautiful to look at. That sukey is TDF - the colour is gorgeous, the leather rich and that style is timeless.
I have a gift card to Holt Renfrew and if they had that particular sukey - I'd jump on it in a heart beat.
(sorry, LV)

I personally dont like the color of the Gucci bag, it looks like a inside of a cows gut.. thats the first thing I thought when I saw it.. heh... maybe get another color.. or get a LV.

I'm not a Gucci fan anymore.. I used to.. But now, I feel like they're cheap especially the fact that they go on sale and that they have outlets. Not liking the color too.. That's just my opinion though..

I will definitely go with a LV, Speedy B or NF!:biggrin:

it would be gucci for me... since it is in leather and not canvas it will last longer and plus have some variety with the brands dont just stick to one.... venture out.... good luck on yoiur purchase :biggrin:

i'm not crazy about the gucci. if you are looking for a tote, the nf mm is wonderful. i love mine! if you want something versatile, then the speedy b since you can wear it numerous ways b/c of the longer strap.

I would get anything LV over the Gucci, sorry OP! It just doesnt do it for me! The Delightful GM would be a beautiful bag, or the NF would keep you under the giftcard value with a little left over. Both bags are way better than Gucci IMO.