Opinions needed please..

SummerGal

O.G.
Aug 26, 2008
Hello ladies! :smile:
Was wondering if you could help me out with some advice. I have a $1000 Saks gift card and my local Saks has a Louis Vuitton. I was contemplating which bag to get.

At the moment my SA has a large guccissima leather cherry red (more cranberry/ Bordeux color) Gucci Sukey bag on hold for me. I found this link of it:

http://forum.purseblog.com/link.php...&N=4294912411+306418110&bmUID=j5Gz2Mu

This Gucci Sukey is on sale at $950, so my gift card would pretty much cover it and I wouldn't have to pay a cent.

BUT, I was considering maybe getting an LV and paying the difference but for no more than a few hundred more. Maybe the Speedy B, Neverfull MM or Delightful GM. Or any suggestions? (In my current colllection I have both Gucci and LV so I wouldn't need one more than the other for variety. Is it worth is to pay extra? Would love to hear your input or any suggestions as well. Thanks in advance! ;)

Lushie

Sep 16, 2011
Toronto, Canada
The Gucci bag is nice but it comes down to which bag you want more!
If it were me, I would get gthe Speedy B and just pay the difference.

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
~Canada~
As much as I love LV, I have to go with Gucci. It is leather vs. canvas. I have a Gucci wallet in leather and it is amazing quality and so beautiful to look at. That sukey is TDF - the colour is gorgeous, the leather rich and that style is timeless.
I have a gift card to Holt Renfrew and if they had that particular sukey - I'd jump on it in a heart beat.
(sorry, LV)

needlv

O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
Australia
I would rather put in some extra $$ and own Louis Vuitton. Out of the ones you have listed, the Neverfull is a nice choice for a tote.

AndyLVoe

Feb 9, 2010
Alberta, Canada
I personally dont like the color of the Gucci bag, it looks like a inside of a cows gut.. thats the first thing I thought when I saw it.. heh... maybe get another color.. or get a LV.

tessa06

Nov 16, 2010
I'm not a Gucci fan anymore.. I used to.. But now, I feel like they're cheap especially the fact that they go on sale and that they have outlets. Not liking the color too.. That's just my opinion though..

I will definitely go with a LV, Speedy B or NF!:biggrin:

Aug 18, 2010
i'm not crazy about the gucci. if you are looking for a tote, the nf mm is wonderful. i love mine! if you want something versatile, then the speedy b since you can wear it numerous ways b/c of the longer strap.

bunnches

Feb 3, 2011
Southeast Florida
I would get anything LV over the Gucci, sorry OP! It just doesnt do it for me! The Delightful GM would be a beautiful bag, or the NF would keep you under the giftcard value with a little left over. Both bags are way better than Gucci IMO.