Opinions needed on 2011 purchase please

Which one to buy

• LV Idylle Speedy in Fusain + Galliera (possibly)

• LV Empreinte Tote PM

• Chanel Chain Around Messenger

Results are only viewable after voting.

wild child

O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I really can't decide what to do *sorry it's kind of long*

I've decided to allow myself one bag purchase per year (trying to get a place in the near future). With my last purchase being in the summer i'm itching for a new bag in January and i'm deciding between:

Idylle Speedy in Fusain
Empreinte Tote PM
Chanel Chain Around Messenger

I really love both the Empreinte Tote and Chanel. They aren't far off in price, both are over $2000 which will be the most I have ever spent on a bag. It's hard to bring myself to spend that much but I do have the funds for it.

While I do really like the Idylle Speedy, I wonder if i'll be satisfied with it and not still want the Empreinte Tote or Chanel. But the price is lot cheaper & with the price being half, there is a possibility of me getting another bag later on in the year, perhaps an Azur Galliera (which I've also always wanted) or Ebene Galliera (if released).

So far my tiny bag collection consists of: LV Recital, LV Azur Speedy 30, Damier Alma NM, Ebene NF MM, Bal City, Gucci Abbey hobo, Gucci belt bag

What would you guys pick?

Last edited:
Im a Chanel flap holic, and just not so much into the new chain around style.
I vote for the Idylle speedy, just received one in Sepia as Xmas gift and LoVe it so much~!

I'd choose one of the LV's -- not a Chanel fan. If you really love the Empriente tote more, you should try to get that one -- get what you really love if you can!!

My experience with Empriente Lumineuse PM is love at first sight but after trying it out, the bag just doesn't fit me. Straps are slightly wider than Neverfull but don't think it's wide enough to be comfy. Carrying it across the body makes me look like a delivery man!

So my vote for Chanel, however I find the chain around heavy. I prefer the classic too, consider the Cambon Tote or Grand Shopper Tote if you like the tote style. Or simply the flap.