Opinions needed for black bag!

bon bon

Aug 11, 2008
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I must say it’s just too addicting! It’s great to be amongst so many handbag lovers (and addicts:roflmfao:).

Anyway, I have been looking for a black handbag for quite some time and I think I have narrowed it down to either a Rebecca Minkoff Morning After or a MbMJ Dr. Q Groovee (I’m not a fan of the newer one – I’m hoping to find a Resort 07). Which do you think is the better choice? Do you ladies have any other suggestions? I’m looking in the $400-$800 price range. Thank you for your input!

I have the dr. q groovee from spring08 (i think) with the gold hardware, and monogrammed lining--LOVE IT! (i don't like the newer ones either) The Rebecca Minkoff Morning after never really did anything for me, I think the groovee could fit more. It's not a very structured bag (groovee), if you set it down it just falls into a puddle of leather! Not sure about the RM, but i just like the look of the groovee better.

:biggrin:

I really don't think you can go wrong b/c they are both great bags, but I personally prefer the RM MA...I own this bag in Royal and love it! I lusted after Dr. Groovee for so long and finally got it (the older version, with the great squishy leather). I think it is a great looking bag, but every time I went to wear it I opted for a different black bag... just wasn't "wowed" by it, so I finally got rid of it. It was heavier then my Morning After as well (though the new MJ version seems lighter). Good luck!

Ok.. so no one laugh, I'm just really getting into this whole handbag thing, and I'd never heard of Rebecca Minkoff. I just checked out the website and think I have a total crush. Unbelievable!!

I've had both, and I preferred the Groovee over the MA. But now I am debating trading in the Groovee for the BE Hug Me, so since it seems like we have similar tastes, maybe you want to check out that bag too and become as confused as me. :P

Both are two great bags! You have a hard decision to make. The Morning After bag seems a like a great bag for different occassions and the Dr. Groovee seems more casual. Which one do you see wearing more? Also do you like carrying bags that are more known by people or more "indie"? Not too many gals know about RM which is why I love this brand but Marc Jacobs is so much more popular!