Opinions: keep or return - matelassé mini

Ta.acosta4

May 9, 2017
Hi lovelies!!

I picked up my first Gucci bag (mini camera in black) this weekend as a graduation present for myself! Buuut when i took it home and unwrapped it I noticed a few tiny flaws.. (the bottom has a small bump/ dent) a what do you guys think? Also does the hardware look a little dull or is this the vintage look Gucci was going for?

Should i take it back? Do you guys think they will exchange it or am I being silly? Its already intimating going into the boutique without feeling "judge" by the Staff I don't want the SA giving me hard time that will turn me off from going back to boutiques

Please tell me your thoughts and share pic of your mini marmont with me please!!! I am new to the Gucci fashion house!

Attachments

• IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 498
Congratulations on your graduation. Looks fine to me but if it's not what you want return it (don't worry about the SAs they deal with returns every day). This is brass hardware and not the bright yg you may see on other bags.

Reactions: GhstDreamer
Congrats!! Exchange it if it bothers you, don't settle because you will regret it. Have you thought of getting the Soho Disco instead? It's similar to the mini marmont but you don't have to worry about the hardwares and the capacity is bigger.

Thank you guys!! I decided to email the SA and he said he got a brand new one in today. I went to the boutique and he didn't even bother checking the bag... Gave me the impression be knew the one he sold he Saturday was either a return or a faulty one. My new one came with a care booklet , an authentication card and a little extra piece of leather. My old one didn't come with any of this!! I also got a bigger dust bag and a box no ribbon tho :sad: lol.... sooo glad i went back but super turrned off by the customer service i received the first time.

Hi lovelies!!

I picked up my first Gucci bag (mini camera in black) this weekend as a graduation present for myself! Buuut when i took it home and unwrapped it I noticed a few tiny flaws.. (the bottom has a small bump/ dent) a what do you guys think? Also does the hardware look a little dull or is this the vintage look Gucci was going for?

Should i take it back? Do you guys think they will exchange it or am I being silly? Its already intimating going into the boutique without feeling "judge" by the Staff I don't want the SA giving me hard time that will turn me off from going back to boutiques

Please tell me your thoughts and share pic of your mini marmont with me please!!! I am new to the Gucci fashion house!

Exchange! It'll happen with time but I'd prefer to make those dents myself than have it arrive like that

Reactions: Johnpauliegal
Congratulations on your graduation. What a nice self-gift. :smile:

I agree with Bee-licious; I would also prefer to make those debts myself lol; therefore I would exchange it.

(It probably got crushed from the way they stored the bag at the store.)