Opinions invited: potential purchase of a barenia kelly

appl

Jun 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

Yes when Hermes grabs you, it is all consuming.

I'm thinking about this beauty and seeking opinion on condition and restoration possibilities. I'm open to spending money to get feet replaced.

Do share your thoughts. If this thread is not in the right place or should not be posted, I'm going to seek your kindness. I'm still figuring out how it works.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-HER...%3A7ff0af5b1550a624ac9dd0c6fffd6f5d%7Ciid%3A6

Hi everyone,

Yes when Hermes grabs you, it is all consuming.

I'm thinking about this beauty and seeking opinion on condition and restoration possibilities. I'm open to spending money to get feet replaced.

Do share your thoughts. If this thread is not in the right place or should not be posted, I'm going to seek your kindness. I'm still figuring out how it works.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-HERMES-KELLY-32-2way-Handbag-Veau-Barenia-Gold-Vintage-GHW-S03260-/331875255462?hash=item4d454e84a6:g:inIAAOSwQjNW9Khr&_trkparms=pageci%3Abd45f98a-39a7-11e6-8b62-74dbd1e0ec70%7Cparentrq%3A7ff0af5b1550a624ac9dd0c6fffd6f5d%7Ciid%3A6

It looks to me like box leather, not barenia. Anyone else?

This bag isn't Barenia, to start with. It might be Chamonix? Chamonix is very much like box calf but matte - I'll leave it to experts to weigh in on what this leather really is but certainly not Barenia. Barenia has a different heat stamp and different texture.
Pretty bag, great price, but if you want the texture and patina of Barenia this will be different.

Reactions: appl
This bag isn't Barenia, to start with. It might be Chamonix? Chamonix is very much like box calf but matte - I'll leave it to experts to weigh in on what this leather really is.
Pretty bag, great price, but if you want the texture and patina of Barenia this will be different.
Nah. I really want to find either a 30 birkin or a Kelly...Thank you

There is a thread in the reference section where Docride offers her expertise on restoration. You might be able to clean it up a bit but the cracking cannot be repaired. Be wary of applying conditioner to areas where the top skin has been rubbed off as they will likely darken. I don't believe this is barenia, rather chamois. Perhaps someone can chime in to confirm.

It looks to me like box leather, not barenia. Anyone else?

This bag isn't Barenia, to start with. It might be Chamonix? Chamonix is very much like box calf but matte - I'll leave it to experts to weigh in on what this leather really is but certainly not Barenia. Barenia has a different heat stamp and different texture.

Agreed, all signs point to box. Chamonix would have a dark resin stamp, this one is gold.