Opinions invited: potential purchase of a barenia kelly

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

Yes when Hermes grabs you, it is all consuming.

I'm thinking about this beauty and seeking opinion on condition and restoration possibilities. I'm open to spending money to get feet replaced.

Do share your thoughts. If this thread is not in the right place or should not be posted, I'm going to seek your kindness. I'm still figuring out how it works.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-HERMES-KELLY-32-2way-Handbag-Veau-Barenia-Gold-Vintage-GHW-S03260-/331875255462?hash=item4d454e84a6%3Ag%3AinIAAOSwQjNW9Khr&_trkparms=pageci%253Abd45f98a-39a7-11e6-8b62-74dbd1e0ec70%257Cparentrq%253A7ff0af5b1550a624ac9dd0c6fffd6f5d%257Ciid%253A6

2. It looks to me like box leather, not barenia. Anyone else?

3. This bag isn't Barenia, to start with. It might be Chamonix? Chamonix is very much like box calf but matte - I'll leave it to experts to weigh in on what this leather really is but certainly not Barenia. Barenia has a different heat stamp and different texture.
    Pretty bag, great price, but if you want the texture and patina of Barenia this will be different.

appl likes this.
  4. That's what I was thinking too...

5. Nah. I really want to find either a 30 birkin or a Kelly...Thank you

6. That's what tPF is for, to help you find your dream :smile:

7. There is a thread in the reference section where Docride offers her expertise on restoration. You might be able to clean it up a bit but the cracking cannot be repaired. Be wary of applying conditioner to areas where the top skin has been rubbed off as they will likely darken. I don't believe this is barenia, rather chamois. Perhaps someone can chime in to confirm.

8. Definitely not barenia.

BBC and appl like this.
  9. Thank you so much. For once in my life, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my potiron chevre birkin and wait for the next perfect addition.

10. Very wise decision

11. Your Birkin is stunning!! :nuts: The one in your avatar, right?

appl likes this.
  12. Agreed, all signs point to box. Chamonix would have a dark resin stamp, this one is gold.

13. Yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice