Opinions: "Homies" tops

summerrain

Oct 3, 2006
I found this too funny to not post about! Link and text of article on a new celebrity trend below from shefinds.com below.

http://www.shefinds.com/2013/giraunchy-ballinciaga-homies-these-funny-tees-give-designers-the-word-play-treatment/

"We admit, the fashion industry tends to take itself a little too seriously. Sometimes it needs a little poking fun of to knock it down a notch. Enter: street wear designers like Brian Lichtenberg, The Cut and Conflict of Interest. They’ve had us laughing out loud with their tees and sweatshirts that have a little fun with high-end designer names. For instance: Hermés becomes Homiés; Comme Des Garcons is Comme Des ****down; and Céline is Féline (meow!). Celebs like Miley Cyrus and Khloe Kardashian have been spotted in the Homiés version – superfan Miley has worn hers multiple times – and word of mouth has this trend taking off. We wonder what they will come up with next! If you like getting a little irreverent with your fashion, like we do, click through the slideshow to shop these hilarious pieces."

Link to picture of Miley Cyrus with the top
Link to picture of Kloe Kardashian with the sweatshirt

I actually like some of their tops. My favorite is Bodega Vendetta. :roflmfao: What are your thoughts? Is anyone seriously offended by this?

I like these tops. I like both the Feline and Homies version for a laugh. I have a Petals & Peacocks CC fake sweatshirt that I wear every once in a while (I must admit it is super comfy)!! I am not offended at all...they are just making light/light hearted!!! Picture from my IG for reference....

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,038
I remember seeing another brand, 5Preview, that did a similar sort of take on a lot of high-end brands as well and is pretty popular in Europe (or at least was).

The Homies one is definitely cute/fun, although I don't know if I'm comfortable enough with my "gangsta" side to wear it. Ahem.

Last edited:
I just receceived the homies sweatshirt from revolve and can't wait to wear it. I think its a fun shirt and it feels very soft inside and I guess its pretty comfortable to wear.