Opinions...Does the Murakami Papillon looks dated?

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014
Back to Ban Island
I love the cherry blossom print on this bag and found one at excellent condition despite being 14 years old at excellent price too. My concern is the bow, does it look dated and will it look funny carrying it? And the cylinder design too, will it look to young on me at IMG_1493671989.163000.jpg late 30s? Love the print and the quality back in those days, so yay or nay on this Murakami piece? Thanks!

itsmree

Jul 16, 2015
I love the cherry blossom print on this bag and found one at excellent condition despite being 14 years old at excellent price too. My concern is the bow, does it look dated and will it look funny carrying it? And the cylinder design too, will it look to young on me at View attachment 3685238 late 30s? Love the print and the quality back in those days, so yay or nay on this Murakami piece? Thanks!
i think it is cute, but i wouldn't buy it . . . i am in my mid 40's (maybe that is because i am dated, LOL and not the bag), but if you love it and will use it, go for it.

Last edited:

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I have this in cream color and I am also in my late 30s...I never wear it anymore because it does makes me feel/look like I am trying too hard to stay a teenager :sad:( But hoping that my daughter someday will she knows it's my pried possession and keeps asking when?, I tell her when she turns 16y - she is only 8y, lol.

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014
Back to Ban Island
I have this in cream color and I am also in my late 30s...I never wear it anymore because it does makes me feel/look like I am trying too hard to stay a teenager :sad:( But hoping that my daughter someday will she knows it's my pried possession and keeps asking when?, I tell her when she turns 16y - she is only 8y, lol.
I have that mentality too,afraid others would think the same, but then again I thought, fashion has gone a bit bonkers nowadays, rather than having insects,animals and lavatory lock on a bag,I rather have a bow. I'm not afraid of the prints, it's the shape I'm more concern which caters more towards the 20s I supposed. My daughter is only 6 years. Hard to tell if she will love it but for sure I know she love the flowers now.

Reactions: BklynG and litchi