Opinions! Do you think Barneys Lilac will be the exact same color as NM 09 LE Lilac?

dyyong

World Peace
O.G.
Jan 25, 2008
Ladies, i'm in the lilac mode as some of you have read my other thread, and i wonder......... will the soon to be release Barneys LE Lilac exact same to NM 09 LE Lilac?
I think it should be different, otherwise why they call it LIMITED EDITION, right? what do you think ladies?

I know what you mean. They're both such beautiful bags. 09 lilac is the best version of lilac Bal has done imo (no undertones, etc.) but beautiful leather and rareness count for something too!

I still can't believe Bal listened to us and made a lilac bag that no one knew about. Who knows what other good tricks are up their sleeves?

When I called Barneys today, an SA told me she doesn't know if they will be receiving Lilacs because it's not in their system. Are they having lilacs? anyone knows?

^^ They are, in September sometime.

The flagship store in NY should have then anytime now cause they get them two weeks before every other Barney's.

I think it will be the same LE Lilac. It'd surprise the hell outta me if it weren't.

I agree, it seems too much effort on the lilac front for there to be two different LE's in a single season.
Believe me, a lilac addict and have been waiting for a new lilac for three years!

I'm thinking of keeping both. Or give up one...... confuse..... confuse..... confuse....... OR i might end up buying Barney's Lilac if the shade is different :P

Dyyon, keep both bags! Please, if there is anyway that you can do it, you need to keep them both. To find a pristine 03 is incredible. And the new lilac is just gorgeous. :biggrin:

To put a rest to those who are waiting for Barney's to get them, you should call your SA's with NM and have them special order one for you instead. I called Balenciaga Show Room which knows where and what all sellers in the US have. They told me that the Lilac bags are special to NM ONLY! They have gone through their first order and reordered so some might be available from that order and she said that they have sold very well so NM put in another order. She suggested that you contact your SA from NM and that they can also special order it for you.

I just wanted to let you know that if you really want one, don't wait for them to come out from other outlets. They won't. Call NM.:winkiss: