Opinions: Bella Mahina

LittleStar88

Jul 12, 2018
Hi Everyone! I’m considering the Bella Mahina bag in black. Would like to get opinions about the bag from those who have it or have seen it in real life. Pros and cons.

I don’t carry a ton, so size wise it looks like it will work for me. Curious about construction/wear/durability opinions. And how you feel about it after having had it and used it.

I can’t get in to a store to look, so hoping to get some guidance before I make a purchase. Thank you!

This is the bag but in black…

1633524191558.jpeg

Hmmmm... That's an interesting dilemma. I am not sure I am keen on having to modify a bag at this price point.

I like it but can’t cinch it enough to close so I passed. @23adeline made a hack, which is very clever!
I didn’t modify the bag, I just add another drawstring with spring fastener , along the original drawstring & the fastener is inside the bag . I love this bag, I‘m glad that I bought it when it’s newly launched, at the lowest price ;)224DC7A0-E70A-499B-89A7-709DBF8C259D.jpeg466D5EB9-8BF1-4C68-BA8F-5CE050B326B6.jpeg

I didn’t modify the bag, I just add another drawstring with spring fastener , along the original drawstring & the fastener is inside the bag . I love this bag, I‘m glad that I bought it when it’s newly launched, at the lowest price ;)View attachment 5215835View attachment 5215836

Gah! I've been lusting for this bag since it came out and wasn't feeling the price then... And now, oof! But this bag haunts me.

I like your trick to keeping it closed! Seems the leather drawstrings don't do the job well enough?

Reactions: Puglet Lover
I have Bella in Galet and black and have enjoyed having it. I take off the coin purse and sometimes the chain strap because it looks a little busy to me with all the add-ons, but it is a great bag. It's comfortable and wears well. I don't close mine completely so it works for me.

I was imagining I would probably not keep the coin purse attached but use it inside the bag instead. Is the chain alone long enough for shoulder carry?

Gah! I've been lusting for this bag since it came out and wasn't feeling the price then... And now, oof! But this bag haunts me.

I like your trick to keeping it closed! Seems the leather drawstrings don't do the job well enough?
Yes, the bag would loosen up and wouldn’t maintain the shape that we want, and I don’t want to keep tightening the tab or make knots at end of the leather drawstrings.
Another way is use a bandeau to thread through and tie a ribbon, but I have not tried that yet.

I didn’t modify the bag, I just add another drawstring with spring fastener , along the original drawstring & the fastener is inside the bag . I love this bag, I‘m glad that I bought it when it’s newly launched, at the lowest price ;)View attachment 5215835View attachment 5215836
Hi !
I ordered the same in the new colour coquille. I hope I will love it. What are the cons ? Thank you