Opinions and a little support:)

Mdraz333

Jan 19, 2013
In one week from right now I will have a new flat belly!:smile: I'm getting a tummy tuck next Monday morning.......it feels weird telling the truth, everyone else thinks I'm just getting a hernia surgery...........which I am, I'm just getting my extra skin and stretch marks taken away too:smile: I'm very excited and nervous, I'm a small person 5'4" 120, and have had 3 9-10 babies, so needless to say I need this. I'm getting everything ready for recovery and I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for the first 6 weeks... So this is where I need opinions.....I carry large bags and fill them up, rorys, totes, Candace.....not going to work when I'm out for the first couple weeks.. I love the basket clutch in mint, but do you think I'll really miss a wristlet strap? The large wristlet in black cherry is nice too, especially since there's a strap, opinions/suggestions are appreciated, and if you have any GOOD stories about successfully tummy tucks I would appreciate that too, thanks:smile:

In one week from right now I will have a new flat belly!:smile: I'm getting a tummy tuck next Monday morning.......it feels weird telling the truth, everyone else thinks I'm just getting a hernia surgery...........which I am, I'm just getting my extra skin and stretch marks taken away too:smile: I'm very excited and nervous, I'm a small person 5'4" 120, and have had 3 9-10 babies, so needless to say I need this. I'm getting everything ready for recovery and I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for the first 6 weeks... So this is where I need opinions.....I carry large bags and fill them up, rorys, totes, Candace.....not going to work when I'm out for the first couple weeks.. I love the basket clutch in mint, but do you think I'll really miss a wristlet strap? The large wristlet in black cherry is nice too, especially since there's a strap, opinions/suggestions are appreciated, and if you have any GOOD stories about successfully tummy tucks I would appreciate that too, thanks:smile:

Black cherry is a gorgeous color and it has the strap, I'd stick with what I was used to. I don't have any stories, but I hope yours will be a good one. Just take it easy and don't push getting back to normal too quickly. Recovery time isn't that long compared to the rest of your life. ;) Good luck and take care!

Not a tummy tuck but a mastectomy a few years ago. Be sure to get anything heavy down from high shelves that you anticipate needing. Run the sweeper the day before you go because you probably won't be allowed to do that for a bit. Do you have dogs that need leash walked? If you do, depending on their size, you may need help with that also. That's all I can think of right off the bat..... I had alot of arm and lifting restrictions. You will probably have bending restrictions along with those lifting restrictions. If they give you a garment, wear it as instructed. I know! It's lame and it sucks!

I'm sure the results will be soooo worth it!

Black cherry is a gorgeous color and it has the strap, I'd stick with what I was used to. I don't have any stories, but I hope yours will be a good one. Just take it easy and don't push getting back to normal too quickly. Recovery time isn't that long compared to the rest of your life. ;) Good luck and take care!

I don't have and clutches or wristlets now, so I'm not used to anything, just thinking it looked more practical, thank you:smile:

Not a tummy tuck but a mastectomy a few years ago. Be sure to get anything heavy down from high shelves that you anticipate needing. Run the sweeper the day before you go because you probably won't be allowed to do that for a bit. Do you have dogs that need leash walked? If you do, depending on their size, you may need help with that also. That's all I can think of right off the bat..... I had alot of arm and lifting restrictions. You will probably have bending restrictions along with those lifting restrictions. If they give you a garment, wear it as instructed. I know! It's lame and it sucks!

I'm sure the results will be soooo worth it!

I'm happy yo hear you came through good......I have my preop visit tomorrow so I'll get a lot more info then........ I know I'm pretty limited on bending lifting or anything for 6 weeks, so with the 3 kids the house upkeep will be on my husband.....so I'm looking into having a cleaning lady come once or twice a week for awhile:smile:

I think a strap would come in handy. Bc is a beautiful color. Or do u think a light, small crossbody or shoulder bag would be better in case u need to be hands free?
Best wishes for a successful surgery & easy recovery! I've always told my dh that after we're done having kids (we have 2 & want a 3rd), I want a tummy tuck too! I'm basically the same size as u (5'5" 120lbs) but no matter what I do, I can't lose that bit of muffin top :sad:
Anyway, good luck!!!!