Opinions about what I just did

nprotundo

Oct 23, 2007
Ok, so, I have been trying to get a chloe bag on ebay. My only option in buying chloe is to go on ebay because the town that I live in while going to school does not have any higher end stores where I can buy one. So, after searching and searching and making sure about the bags authenticity, I finally found one. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasnt not able to bid on this bag until after it expired. However, no one else bid on this bag whatsoever even though it was authentic. So, I decided to email the seller (I was really disappointed because I wanted the bag) and tell him that if he should decide to repost it for a "buy it now" for the price that he was asking which as $675 plus shipping, that I will definitely get it. He wrote me back and said that he will not relist the item but will sell it to me for $720 plus shipping! What he said exactly was, "Hi,$720 plus shipping is the best I can do & I won't relist this if you decide to purchase,b/c I have 2 other offers,but overseas,so I 'd like to give you the priority sice you're in U.S. Let me know ASAP.Thanks."

At first I said yes, but now I wrote him back and basically told him no way. Even though its only like an extra $30 bucks, its the principal of the matter. No one was interested in this bag enough to bid and now all of a sudden he has "other offers?" Also, If i had won the bag last night and bid on it, he would of had to sell it to me at that price so....Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I liked the bag, but I didnt like it enough to feel like I was dealing with a seller who was not honest. Any opinions? I guess, I just want to know what you all think about what I did. I did do the right thing right or was I over-exaggerating?

Yep- if he is unwilling to relist it on ebay, you will put yourself in a vulnerable position to being scammed. Wait for a bag you are happy to buy, this one is obviously not for you.

^^^ As above. Do not buy outwith ebay. You do not know this person and would have little protection if scammed/given a fake. Dont worry about it and move on - plenty more chloe bags in the sea (so to speak).

I actually was trying to get the same bag (I believe) and I offered to pick it up in person. A few days ago I emailed asking for additional pictures of the lock and last night I emailed asking if he might sell me the bag in person (to save me shipping costs). I guess he thought I wanted to pick it up in person to inspect it or something. The seller was (I thought) pretty snippy. Here was his email:

"Hi,at this point,I strongly feel I've provided info on this purse like never before & feel what some offended with your continued requests..

I strongly suggest you to goto the Chloe boutique & purchase a brand new one(You don't even know the size) & this is THE ONLY WAY you'll be satisfied.

Thank you for your interest,but please do not do this with other sellers in the future,please.."

I would avoid this guy. He seemed a little hostile and unreasonable. Too bad because the bag is pretty.

I actually was trying to get the same bag (I believe) and I offered to pick it up in person. A few days ago I emailed asking for additional pictures of the lock and last night I emailed asking if he might sell me the bag in person (to save me shipping costs). I guess he thought I wanted to pick it up in person to inspect it or something. The seller was (I thought) pretty snippy. Here was his email:

"Hi,at this point,I strongly feel I've provided info on this purse like never before & feel what some offended with your continued requests..

I strongly suggest you to goto the Chloe boutique & purchase a brand new one(You don't even know the size) & this is THE ONLY WAY you'll be satisfied.

Thank you for your interest,but please do not do this with other sellers in the future,please.."

I would avoid this guy. He seemed a little hostile and unreasonable. Too bad because the bag is pretty.

Oh... after that response, he'd have to PAY ME to take it. Arrogant JACKASS. :bagslap:

:faint:RUDE

^^^ Which seller was it? I would not mind knowing for future reference... I think there is a thread where we can post folks for blocking?

The seller was:
s.gif
isola_dei_lucian
He is one of those sellers who feels a buyer should not question him saying an item is authentic. I looked at some of the feedback he had left for others and it looks like every time there was a problem with a transaction, he became very angry and unreasonable. The bag he was selling looked good, but who wants to deal with such a jerk? :tdown:

there will be other bags, so don't panic.
Sounds like seller isn't very nice and if there were any problems, probably wouldn't be helpful, so best to not buy from them