opinions about the GG Running style??

Triplets05

Jul 30, 2006
UGH! I need advice. I was very much anticipating the GG running style when I first saw it on the website. I was recently on a trip in CA and purchased it at the South Coast Plaza store. The price is steep for a monogram bag...$1600. Now I can't figure out if my buyer's remorse is because of the price (which I think is too high for the bag) or because maybe the bag just didn't quite live up to the hype I had hoped. Either way, I have always been a huge Gucci fan, and had not been excited about a style in quite awhile. I tend to like edgier bags... Alexander Wang, etc., so I thought this style has a little "wow" to it. Have I missed the mark?? Help. I must get it sent back by tomorrow in keeping with their dumb 10 day return policy (although the bag was just delivered yesterday).

Thanks in advance!!

This is one out of two handbags that caught my eye when I decided to check out Gucci after not looking at Gucci for while (been in LV land), but as I said this is one of the ones I liked, I liked the style and in my opinion it was kinda vintage looking which I'm into right now, but because of the price I was also hesitant and also because I've grown a bit tired of the GG fabric... but in my opinion its still a great purse

Thanks for the feedback MamaGG. All the suede belting, the big metal GG's, I didn't know if it was overkill? The suede on it is fantastic, the coloring is great, the price is KILLING me! I got so used to Gucci's in the $800-$1100 department that this feels high for a mono bag. But I did think the style felt fresh. I also love the double strap, and the fact it will work messenger style (not a super long messenger-but a messenger none-the-less).

I like the style. There wasn't much that I liked from the Fall collection but the Running is nice. I have to agree that the price is steep for canvas which is what stopped me from buying it. If you love the bag then don't let the price bother you. But if you are unsure about it then I would return and wait until you see something you love.

I like the style - the suede belting sets the bag apart and GG running is not a trendy style either. I don't know if it's an everyday kind of bag though because of the suede and not because of the fabric (I carry my gg fabric bags out in minus zero blizzard like conditions). I'm not a fan of suede.

Echoing wild child - if you love the bag, then at that price - it's worth it. However if you're sitting on the fence, return and purchase something else. I always find that buying a bag over the 1k mark does require a lot more thinking involved!

I love the bag but for me I like the all leather version even better and it's not that much more than the canvas in this case. There are also two sizes and I found the large version quite luggage-like on my frame (I'm almost 5' 6"). I wasn't dissapointed by the bag though, I thought it was gorgeous.

The price reflects all the work involved in making that design. The good news is this sort of design will carry through to next year and this bag will I'm sure become a classic.