Opinion - Red Patent 227 or Black/Red Python Jumbo

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,
    Which bag do you like better: the red patent 227 with shw, or the black/red python jumbo?

For your reference, the black/red python jumbo is pictured in Post #43 by nscwong in this thread! (I don't know how to re-post the picture here, sorry!)
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/new-arrivals-saks-620442-3.html

This bag is so unique, but the price is insane...!!
    Let me know what you think :P Thank youuuu!

2. If you are asking about which bag I like more then I would say python! Its definitely a BIG difference in price though lol! Do you own any red right now?

3. ^^ LOL!! Seriously, I'm not sure if I can spend that much on a bag! This is most likely my last Chanel though... at least for a long long while...!
    That's the thing, I do have a couple of red already. I think I will definitely love the red patent 227, but the python would add something different to my collection...

4. Thanks for sharing your opinion, pro_shopper!! :smile:

5. black/red python jumbo is so unique! If you can afford it, go for it! ;)

6. I want to say red patent however, I have not seen the python in person. The python is definitely more unique and you would probably get tons of compliments on it.

7. Thanks ladies! The python is definitely different. I just worry that it's a little TOO different that it may be limiting, or that I may regret the purchase in the future. For now, it sure is tempting! :P

8. I will if you will...just kidding. I wonder how the resell value is on the python bags? If you didn't love it after one season, perhaps resale...I have personally had good luck selling mine.

9. :smile:if you can afford it, i think you should go for the phyton!

10. lol! I was going to say the same thing to you! It's so much easier to buy when you have a partner in crime! :graucho: I'm not sure about resell value of python.. I have never tried to resell any of my bags! I need to decide soon!

11. ^python for sure!!!!! I hv seen a m/l irl. So gorgeous!

12. wow, if I could afford the python, then python it is! Beautiful!

13. Thanks nscwong! I notice you have a python reissue, does the skin hold up well over time? I have a python bag that is starting to peel!! :nuts:

14. thank you for the opinion, haynecourt. This is going to be my last buy, so I think I'm over-thinking it! :smile:

I wonder if the 2.55 Satin Finish Python in Grey would be a "safer" choice since it's grey, and not red.

15. I vote for Python, but I am biased since I am craving an exotic right now. I think it would be great to round out a collection, espcially if you already have other classics in more traditional materials. If you get it, definitely post some pics so we can all drool!

Jennifer