Opinion Please..on Reissue 225

Ashleym

O.G.
Apr 8, 2009
Hi Ladies
So I had a earlier thread where I am exchanging a Black Caviar Boy old medium and was about to commit to a reissue 225 I wasnt all that sure about had a combo quilt and chevron pattern. Thank goodness for the sharp eyes of some of the members here who saw the bag had some major faults. Thank you Ladies :flowers:

So another SA at another store found me this 225 reissue and I am in love!!! the red flap is so pretty :heart:. What do you think?

I need to buy without seeing in person since they cant hold it too long. I cant get to the store until Thursday :shocked:

I was told its calfskin but it looks like goatskin or sheepskin to me......

Attachments

• IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_2179.JPG
    IMG_2179.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:
I believe this is sheepskin. Absolutely looooove the lining color - wow.

I prefer timeless classics combos on the reissue style that would be less likely to be dated by style over time. Personally partial to the inverted/upside down chevron on the bottom half of the flap and prefer the classic chevron pattern or classic quilting. On the reissue, I love the aged calfskin the most, but this sheepskin is a close second material wise.

I believe it's sheepskin. I have the same in blue which I picked up earlier this month, the lining is fuschia as well. It's a gorgeous piece, and the colour keeps growing on me. I'll update with some new photos tomorrow. Good luck deciding!

I believe it's sheepskin. I have the same in blue which I picked up earlier this month, the lining is fuschia as well. It's a gorgeous piece, and the colour keeps growing on me. I'll update with some new photos tomorrow. Good luck deciding!

Thank you everyone for responding. I just emailed my SA that I wanted the bag and to call me to charge hold for pick up :nuts: So excited.

DinkyCam how is the sheepskin on your purse. Is it delicate like lambskin? I was hoping to find a reissue in calfskin or cavier but I love the inner flap and this bag makes my heart ❤️ flutter lol I know the ladies on this forum would understand. My husband thinks I'm loosing my mind buying such an expensive purse.

Thank you everyone for responding. I just emailed my SA that I wanted the bag and to call me to charge hold for pick up :nuts: So excited.

DinkyCam how is the sheepskin on your purse. Is it delicate like lambskin? I was hoping to find a reissue in calfskin or cavier but I love the inner flap and this bag makes my heart [emoji173]️ flutter lol I know the ladies on this forum would understand. My husband thinks I'm loosing my mind buying such an expensive purse.

Can't wait for pics, especially more detail shots of the inner lining please! [emoji7] I am living vicariously through you right now and hoping I never see the yellow version IRL or else I'm in big trouble.

Oh my this is one gorgeous reissue! The pop of pink lining is a plus! Is this from 17p? I thought they only have with black hardware! Please do share more pictures once you receive it! Congrats!!

Hi Ladies
So I had a earlier thread where I am exchanging a Black Caviar Boy old medium and was about to commit to a reissue 225 I wasnt all that sure about had a combo quilt and chevron pattern. Thank goodness for the sharp eyes of some of the members here who saw the bag had some major faults. Thank you Ladies :flowers:

So another SA at another store found me this 225 reissue and I am in love!!! the red flap is so pretty :heart:. What do you think?

I need to buy without seeing in person since they cant hold it too long. I cant get to the store until Thursday :shocked:

I was told its calfskin but it looks like goatskin or sheepskin to me......
OOMMMGGG it is RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING....that red interior is A TOTAL WINNER!! Must see more of this beauty....HUGE CONGRATS Ashleym!! BRAVO:heart::yahoo::girlsigh::loveeyes:

DinkyCam how is the sheepskin on your purse. Is it delicate like lambskin? I was hoping to find a reissue in calfskin or cavier but I love the inner flap and this bag makes my heart ❤️ flutter lol I know the ladies on this forum would understand. My husband thinks I'm loosing my mind buying such an expensive purse.

Hiya Ashley's, congratulations on the leap, sometimes your ❤️ just knows! My other Chanel pieces are predominantly lambskin, right down to the SLGs. And I had thought this bag was calfskin to begin with! It's sturdy and very puffy. The gorgeous fuschia lining pops out cheerfully everywhere . As promised, I am enclosing photos in this post, outdoor in the sun, and indoor (with and without flash).

Attachments

• IMG_4221.JPG
    IMG_4221.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_4250.JPG
    IMG_4250.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_4300.JPG
    IMG_4300.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_4302.JPG
    IMG_4302.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_4306.JPG
    IMG_4306.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_4308.JPG
    IMG_4308.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_4312.JPG
    IMG_4312.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_4314.JPG
    IMG_4314.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 598
Two more from a different angle (with and without HDR), because I just love the chameleon colour tendencies of this bag!

Attachments

• IMG_4315.JPG
    IMG_4315.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Reactions: Pisces82