Opinion - Parker Hippie - will it hit the outlets in a big way?

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
So I now have a personal shopper that I met on ebay. I am very far away from any outlets, and she goes all the time. She asked me what was on my wish list and I told her the Parker Op Art Hippie in Bronze (smaller one). Failing that the shoulder top zip in the same color.

She found the top zip, so now I have to consider this purchase. I do love it, but not as much as the Hippie.

I guess I'm wondering if you guys think the Parker Hippie might hit the outlets in a big way - esp. the bronze siggy. I'm fairly new to Coach, and my gut feeling is that it may not - there are zero on ebay, it seems like a popular one.

She also found a TDK Madison Shoulder bag in Rosegold, but I have a feelling that will be a tad pricier - she's gonna let me know today.

Thanks for the feedback. :smile:

(Ooops, I just realized I probably should have posted this in shopping - mods, please move if you wish. Haven't had my coffee yet and it's only 7:20 am. ;) )

No, I don't think so. Coach had overproduced a number of styles before the economy tanked, and I think they had already scaled back by the time the hippie was introduced. You might see a few, but I don't think you will find them in volume. It may end up like Sabrina, but those took much longer to get to the outlet and they aren't marked down as much as the other bags.

You might get lucky, though! Good luck!

I found one at my Outlet, the Khaki/Sand Op Art Parker Hippie, but it was the only one there... I think they are few and far between at the Outlets, honestly...

I've only seen the Parker Leather Satchel & the Parker Shoulder Bag in California & Nevada. Crissy11, if you live near Las Vegas, San Diego, or the Carlsbad Premium Outlets, you're in luck!

Uh, no - Ontario, Canada - closest outlet is Niagara Falls (6-7 hours) or Waterloo (4 hours). I guess I better stick with the top zip!!

Kinda what I thought girls, thanks for the feedback. :smile:

I've only seen the Parker Leather Satchel & the Parker Shoulder Bag in California & Nevada. Crissy11, if you live near Las Vegas, San Diego, or the Carlsbad Premium Outlets, you're in luck!

OP - My outlet only had a few silver op art hippies, nothing since, but lots of other Parker bags. The bronze op art is a more recent color I think, but there if the top zips are there you would think the hippie would be too if there are any available.

The SA in Orlando Prime said they were going to have more Oct. 1. I purchased the hippie rose gold op art at FP just to make sure I would get it. I have a Parker shoulder I probably will return. Do the Outlets do Price Adjustments if purchased at FP?

I'm not banking on it, that's why I've already bought 2 full price... and am considering a 3rd. It may be overkill, but I think I've decided it's the perfect bag for me.

The Hippie is worth buying at full price if it's a bag you really want! I've had mine for about six months and have definitely gotten my money's worth--it is SUCH a great bag. So, if you want one--especially in a particular color--then I think you should pay FP rather than banking on luck at the outlet. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that!

I think the first round of Parker bags, especially the shoulder bags, they made a lot of them. But I know my boutique sold out of the bronze/rosegold fairly quickly...believe this color came out when Coach moved to the 3 bags per store rule. So not sure. I might buy one, hold it with the tags while you search the outlets. As Coach does not have a time limit, you can always return. Although my satchel is showing up on the bay lately. In fact I paid $100 more than what they are currently getting so the Hippies may turn up.

I hope they do make it to the outlets. I would love the graphite color of this bag. I am very tempted to just buy it through customer service at jax and call it a day.

I hope they do make it to the outlets. I would love the graphite color of this bag. I am very tempted to just buy it through customer service at jax and call it a day.

Graphite won't show up for several months. It's a brand new color. Only the first round of colors that came out back in Feb or March will show up sometime soon.