Opinion on unplanned purchases

Aoifs

O.G.
Mar 18, 2013
Hi all,

Just want your take on unplanned purchases. I have my eye on the Neo Noe and my local store have ordered it for me. I went in (again) enquiring about the Pochette Metis which is impossible to get in Europe apparently.

I was planning to purchase in May for my birthday (and xmas!) present. But the Neo Noe is popular and what if i cant find one in May.

So what is your opinion on an unplanned purchase - both not the item you originally had your eye on AND purchasing before you planned to?

I am quite restrained. Last bag purchase (a LV) was in March 2016 and it was 2 years prior that I bought a bag. So this would a new approach!

Reactions: BagStalker44
Hi all,

Just want your take on unplanned purchases. I have my on the Neo Noe and my local store have ordered it for me. I went in (again) enquiring about the Pochette Metis which is impossible to get in Europe apparently.

I was planning to purchase in May for my birthday (and xmas!) present. But the Neo Noe is popular and what if i cant find one in May.

So what is your opinion on an unplanned purchase - both not the item you originally had your eye on AND purchasing before you planned to?

I am quite restrained. Last bag purchase (a LV) and March 2016 and it was 2 years sice I bought a bag. So this would a new approach!
I think with LV changing and deleting so many random bags these days my advice is buy what you want when you can! I can't wait for the Neo Noe to be out in UK. Do you know when it is?

Hi all,

Just want your take on unplanned purchases. I have my eye on the Neo Noe and my local store have ordered it for me. I went in (again) enquiring about the Pochette Metis which is impossible to get in Europe apparently.

I am quite restrained. Last bag purchase (a LV) was in March 2016 and it was 2 years prior that I bought a bag. So this would a new approach!
I think it depends on each person. Some people have a large bag fund and can buy whenever the fancy strikes (jealous!) and others have to carefully plan and budget. Will purchasing the Neo Noe now prevent you from purchasing the pochette metis? What if you buy the Noe now and the pochette metis becomes available? Would you get both? Would you regret the Noe purchase?
They are both beautiful bags. :heart:

Which bag do you like more? Which would you use more? Would one or the other fill a gap in your collection? If it's a case of only being able to purchase one I think you need to consider which you will use most. If it's the Neo Noe buy it and be happy, if it's the pochette metis wait and even if you can't get it in May it will be super special when you do get it. Good luck deciding.

Reactions: Aoifs
I think you should stick with the bag you like more. The PM may be temporary unavailable in your Country (I'm based in EU like you, and it is available for purchase on the website), but you can speak to your SA and ask them to locate one for you or to order it directly form Paris, it shouldn't be a big deal. Have you tried that road?
Of course if your like the Neo Noe better, then I say go for it now.
Good luck with your decision, let us know what you chose.:smile:

I think you should stick with the bag you like more. The PM may be temporary unavailable in your Country (I'm based in EU like you, and it is available for purchase on the website), but you can speak to your SA and ask them to locate one for you or to order it directly form Paris, it shouldn't be a big deal. Have you tried that road?
Of course if your like the Neo Noe better, then I say go for it now.
Good luck with your decision, let us know what you chose.:smile:

I tried to buy right now from the website but LV cancelled the purchase - so it seems not actually available.

OP - most of my purchases are unplanned in the sense that I know what i like and when I can find it, I get it. however, occasionally I have jumped the gun too fast - not always the best approach either. the stress of something being unavailable leads to such purchases, right now is all about the empreinte PM - I tried both canvas style PMs and I don't really like canvas, but I am not sure if I like empreinte enough, I just really love the style of the PM.

I would get the style that you really like, unless you can afford both. LV is not in the habit of limiting supply like H, so it will come to you eventually.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I will try and address some of the questions. You've all been really helpful.
I love both. The PM looks great but I do favour open top bags and it must have a crossbody option. I think the PM can be quite short for curvy girls. I had also been considering a Bal City mini but the strap is too short cross-body.
I am planning my next purchase but until the Neo Noe was released, and caught my eye, I thought it would be the PM.
My SA said that the PM is impossible to get in Europe at the moment and all orders are from Paris so there is no one being added to the waiting lists as LV won't allow this when the item is listed as Out of Stock.
I will only buy one this year. Realistically, the look of the Neo Noe is more 'me' and would fit my lifestyle more.
My gut is telling me to get the Noe as it ticks all the boxes. My stumbling block is buying before I intended as I like to keep control and plan my spending :smile:

@lynnb - I'm not sure when it will be realised, I'm in Ireland and my SA did a special request for me. She said that means she has requested one for me so it will come to the store for me. This is different to being on the waiting list and getting one when they arrive in store. She couldnt say when it would arrive.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! I will try and address some of the questions. You've all been really helpful.
I love both. The PM looks great but I do favour open top bags and it must have a crossbody option. I think the PM can be quite short for curvy girls. I had also been considering a Bal City mini but the strap is too short cross-body.
I am planning my next purchase but until the Neo Noe was released, and caught my eye, I thought it would be the PM.
My SA said that the PM is impossible to get in Europe at the moment and all orders are from Paris so there is no one being added to the waiting lists as LV won't allow this when the item is listed as Out of Stock.
I will only buy one this year. Realistically, the look of the Neo Noe is more 'me' and would fit my lifestyle more.
My gut is telling me to get the Noe as it ticks all the boxes. My stumbling block is buying before I intended as I like to keep control and plan my spending :smile:

@lynnb - I'm not sure when it will be realised, I'm in Ireland and my SA did a special request for me. She said that means she has requested one for me so it will come to the store for me. This is different to being on the waiting list and getting one when they arrive in store. She couldnt say when it would arrive.
Like you I love the Neo Noe even though I have never considered a Noe before. But also love the look of the empreinte pm (I love all things pink). I have the original pm in mono and have not used it for ages as I like to carry quite a lot. Thought I would give it another try today but did not even get out the door before swapping to my speedy 25b! It is ok if you are super organised and limit what you carry but I realise I like some 'extra' space just in case!

I would say neo noe if you want easy access, extra room, pop of colour and something that's very new and not every where yet. PM if you need the flap for added security not get things wet or dusty for some unpredictable weather scenarios. I have pm and I would say the downside is that you have to really organise your bag, which I'm alright about most if the time. But say if you in a rush to get out of house it might be a pain. But then you do end up only taking the necessities. Which is good for me otherwise I end up taking half the make up drawer and creams and potions I don't use but for some strange reason convinced I may need or use it. Pm can also get quite heavy. The NN sounds like it's super light. Hell with it I want a Neo Noe too. Just don't know what colour!! So don't know if I'm helping you or convincing myself :blush: but I do love my PM reverse too it just smarten's me up to look a bit more put together sometimes. And I do like carrying it by the handles.

I tried to buy right now from the website but LV cancelled the purchase - so it seems not actually available.

OP - most of my purchases are unplanned in the sense that I know what i like and when I can find it, I get it. however, occasionally I have jumped the gun too fast - not always the best approach either. the stress of something being unavailable leads to such purchases, right now is all about the empreinte PM - I tried both canvas style PMs and I don't really like canvas, but I am not sure if I like empreinte enough, I just really love the style of the PM.

I would get the style that you really like, unless you can afford both. LV is not in the habit of limiting supply like H, so it will come to you eventually.

Sorry you weren't able to complete your purchase. Sometimes the LV website acts oddly: they should be more reliable considering they are not selling pistachios... :annoyed:

Pm can also get quite heavy. The NN sounds like it's super light. Hell with it I want a Neo Noe too. Just don't know what colour!! So don't know if I'm helping you or convincing myself :blush: but I do love my PM reverse too it just smarten's me up to look a bit more put together sometimes. And I do like carrying it by the handles.

I think you have convinced me. It's a more practical bag although less 'smart' and more casual. I think I'll go for it!

Thanks everyone!

@lynnb - it sounds like the Nano Noe would suit your needs better than the PM and you'd still get the pop of pink!

Reactions: Born4thjuly
I think you have convinced me. It's a more practical bag although less 'smart' and more casual. I think I'll go for it!

Thanks everyone!

@lynnb - it sounds like the Nano Noe would suit your needs better than the PM and you'd still get the pop of pink!
I think the extra space will mean you will use it more too. Like today I had a minor problem wanting to put a packet of crisps and some gummy bears I bought try put in my PM reverse. I forgot to put in my small foldable recycle bag in zip compartment. This is a must if you get a PM. So yeah there are times a bucket bag, it's practical function would be so useful. Plus it looks really chic. In the meantime I will drool at everybody elses unboxing and wait till we have some in the UK. Good luck with your purchase

I'm like you - I haven't bought an LV bag since 2015 (just SLGs) since then. I don't buy handbags but maybe once a year. I research over and over until I probably drive myself crazy! i'm on the waitlist for the PM in Empreinte. My friend was on the waitlist too. She tried it on in store and loved it, and she also has the PM in the mono version. It sounds like you can't try on both bags in person to eliminate one, which I know can be very frustrating to try and guess which bag will work out. It sounds like you are leaning towards the Noe at this point. I think the new version of the Noe is cute and I love the original Noe style also. I think bucket bags never go out of style. It seems like a lot of these bags do not stick around very long at LV so if you have your eye on the Noe I think you have to see how it works for your lifestyle. If you try the Noe and it doesn't work out for you then you can always go back to trying out the PM - that is if you can find one too. :frown: I can't believe how how popular the PM is! I have wanted to try on the canvas version for a long time, but I doubt I will find one with it being out of stock currently. GL on your decision! :smile:

I've been in this position and in the end, made the purchase/purchases with no regrets. However, that's as long as I know it won't strain me financially.

I've often had one bag in mind but after seeing it in person and trying it on, went "Ah, no!" and instead, came home with a bag that 1) I hadn't seen before and fell in love with it or 2) came home with a bag that looked great in person and on me that online looked bleh or 3) BOTH!

I don't buy every season or every year. SA's don't make money off of me, lol. But then again, they're not spending THEIR money, now are they? : )