Opinion on Paypal?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Do you make purchases through Paypal or do you shy away from companies that use it?

2. Hi! I purchase on eBay all of the time and have never, ever had a problem with paypal. I even returned an item and got my credit via PayPal (although that took a few days longer than normal to show up). But, I am confident that it is safe.

Sandy

3. eBay is good for buyers . Not so good for sellers because it's east for a buyer to sqeal and get their money back. PErfect if you;ve been scammed but even a dishonest buyer can use one of paypal's loopholes to get their money back. Sellers also have to pay fees on the ebays monies they received through paypal

4. I am not using paypal as a seller anymore - its too much hassle

5. I am with ya'll, never had a problem with Paypal.

I think many are unjustly skeptical though.

With Paypal I recieve the purchase but yet never have access to any credit card information, which I like both as a retailer and as a consumer.

I have purchased online before through companies that use there own "merchant account" where you have to fill out all the personal account information and later have called to make a purchase and they just use my credit card information on file. Why did they keep that information? That's scary. I think the confidentiality of Paypal is much safer.

6. I agree w/ MissThing... paypal is great for buyers, but unfortunately not the same way for sellers.

I often purchase items from websites based overseas using paypal, which is much more convenient, and never had any problems.

7. I buy on eBay, don't sell, and I've found it relatively easy to use. But I've been fortunate with mostly cooperative, professional sellers. No complaints.

8. I have never had a problem with my Paypal or eBay account. knock on wood!

My friend is a major Ebay seller she was telling me that your Paypal password should include a digit and some type of character like &*_#

example: ^purselover^123

There have been some Paypal accounts compromised because of a program that can find out passwords that only contain letters. She suggest you use a digit and now a charecter just to be ahead of the technology of finding passwords. Does this make sense?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice