Opinion on older Madison Styles: Carryall & Sabrina

Jan 29, 2013
Recently I have found I am loving the looks of older Madison styles. I have been searching for good mod shots etc. and found a few but not many. Especially for the Madison Carryall.

If you have either style: Madison Carryall (#14574) or Madison Sabrina (either #12937 - the small or #12949 the large) I would love to hear the pros and cons and your opinions about the handbag. And if you feel like sharing mod shots that would be wonderful too!

Thanks so much for any input/advice you can provide!

Recently I have found I am loving the looks of older Madison styles. I have been searching for good mod shots etc. and found a few but not many. Especially for the Madison Carryall.

If you have either style: Madison Carryall (#14574) or Madison Sabrina (either #12937 - the small or #12949 the large) I would love to hear the pros and cons and your opinions about the handbag. And if you feel like sharing mod shots that would be wonderful too!

Thanks so much for any input/advice you can provide!

I have a large Sabrina, #12949, and she is quite large to me. I use it more as small luggage because it's too big for me as a handbag. It's quite comfortable to use.

I don't have the Madison carryall, because I preferred the look of the Ashley carryall better....but basically the same bag, just different decoration. Still a little bit larger than I need on a daily basis, but on the days I need something a little larger, she's a great size and very comfortable on the shoulder.

I love, love my Sabrinas. They're all the large size, and work great as satchels and shoulder bags. I love the rolled leather handles, and the little shoulder pad on the shoulder strap is comfortable. I will try to find some mod shots for you.

I love, love my Sabrinas. They're all the large size, and work great as satchels and shoulder bags. I love the rolled leather handles, and the little shoulder pad on the shoulder strap is comfortable. I will try to find some mod shots for you.

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if I went with a Sabrina if the small would be too small...looks pretty little. I am 5'7 and 6/8 - so not petite!

I have a large Sabrina, #12949, and she is quite large to me. I use it more as small luggage because it's too big for me as a handbag. It's quite comfortable to use.

I don't have the Madison carryall, because I preferred the look of the Ashley carryall better....but basically the same bag, just different decoration. Still a little bit larger than I need on a daily basis, but on the days I need something a little larger, she's a great size and very comfortable on the shoulder.

Thanks Suzanne! Just wasn't sure if small would be too small and large too large ;)

So - you feel the Carryall is a bit large for everyday? I didn't think it looked that large.

Thanks Suzanne! Just wasn't sure if small would be too small and large too large ;)

So - you feel the Carryall is a bit large for everyday? I didn't think it looked that large.

The small Sabrina is a little too small. If you like large bags you would probably like the large Sabrina for daily use.

No, the carryall isn't too large for everyday use.....just for me. The carryall would probably be the perfect everyday bag for most people. It's more the height of the bag than anything for me. The height of the east west duffle is my preferred size. I'd call the carryall a medium + bag.

I'd say go for the carryall. The Sabrina is the size and shape of a small gym duffle bag. You've got the height to pull either on off. :smile:

I have never owned the Carryall, but I have owned several Sabrinas...mostly the large, but a couple of the small. I prefer the large, but the small worked for me on days I carried less stuff. Currently I have one...the large steel. Sabrina is a great bag, IMO. I usually carry hand held, but the longer strap comes in handy when your hands are full. There are a couple mod pics in this thread...http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pics-finally-decided-on-sabrina-and-other-treasues-525026-3.html post #36 (please ignore the leaves on the floor...lol). The graphite patent is the large and the camel patent the small.

I have never owned the Carryall, but I have owned several Sabrinas...mostly the large, but a couple of the small. I prefer the large, but the small worked for me on days I carried less stuff. Currently I have one...the large steel. Sabrina is a great bag, IMO. I usually carry hand held, but the longer strap comes in handy when your hands are full. There are a couple mod pics in this thread...http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/pics-finally-decided-on-sabrina-and-other-treasues-525026-3.html post #36 (please ignore the leaves on the floor...lol). The graphite patent is the large and the camel patent the small.
Thanks so much...very helpful! Do you mind if I ask your height? Looking at the pics I would pick the large. Now I need to get more of an idea on the carryall ;). Appreciate your help!

That gray one looks great on you! And it's got a good shape. Mine is regular leather and has been used enough that it's kind of relaxed and shapeless now, like a battered gym bag. :lol:

Thanks so much...very helpful! Do you mind if I ask your height? Looking at the pics I would pick the large. Now I need to get more of an idea on the carryall ;). Appreciate your help!
You're welcome! :smile: Not at all...I am 5' 3". I think I have 3" wedges on in the pics.

That gray one looks great on you! And it's got a good shape. Mine is regular leather and has been used enough that it's kind of relaxed and shapeless now, like a battered gym bag. :lol:
Thank you! :smile: I think it was brand new and not broken in when that pic was taken. lol...I kinda like the relaxed and shapeless look. ;)

I love small bags and love the Sabrina; though I think it is a tad too small. I wish the zipper opened wider like Sophia. But I have 3 of them left....Grass, Steel, and Black Patent. They had some gorgeous Madison Carryalls out awhile ago....great Croc bags in Peony, Bone and Black with jewels charms on them. Super lovely. The Madison carryall version of a bag that was out around the same time as Sabrina was called Claire. Someone correct me if I am wrong

I have one Madison carryall..don't have a pic now but it's the black gathered...I love it. Perfect size for me (I'm 5'9). It's the only carryall I own because I normally don't like lots of pockets...but this one is great...I think they've had a couple of styles of carryalls? (Like the new ones that have same hardware as Phoebe?) Those look nice as well.

Oh, just googled and mine is the Kara...here is a pic ...

Attachments

• 395556_518942621483088_1573375583_n.jpg
    395556_518942621483088_1573375583_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 415
If you've got time to browse:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-cl...club-sabrina-julianne-all-madison-362796.html

98 pages with various sabrina modelling pics.

Thanks momtok! I scanned thru those pages. I think the small may be too small. I really need some mod shots on the Carryall to be sure.

I love small bags and love the Sabrina; though I think it is a tad too small. I wish the zipper opened wider like Sophia. But I have 3 of them left....Grass, Steel, and Black Patent. They had some gorgeous Madison Carryalls out awhile ago....great Croc bags in Peony, Bone and Black with jewels charms on them. Super lovely. The Madison carryall version of a bag that was out around the same time as Sabrina was called Claire. Someone correct me if I am wrong

Thank you melissatrv! So you only have the small Sabrina? I am thinking I would like the large better. Yes, there was a Claire and the Julianne too. There is a handbag from I think 2009 or thereabouts that is just called Madison Carryall.

I have one Madison carryall..don't have a pic now but it's the black gathered...I love it. Perfect size for me (I'm 5'9). It's the only carryall I own because I normally don't like lots of pockets...but this one is great...I think they've had a couple of styles of carryalls? (Like the new ones that have same hardware as Phoebe?) Those look nice as well.

Oh, just googled and mine is the Kara...here is a pic ...

Thanks CCforC! The gathered leathers are very pretty!