Opinion on Muse

sasquaty

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
I thought I had my mind set on an Easy but have fallen for the Muse. While I love the look of the Easy I would like more structure to my bag so when I carry more items the bag retains it's shape. My question though is this, I dress very casual as I am a stay at home mom. So my attire is usually jeans & a sweater or jeans and t-shirt in warmer weather. For what I wear is the Muse too formal? I am looking to get it in purple, it is my favorite color and as a bonus is on sale, but have considered black patent as I don't own a black bag.
Those of you with Muse's, do you feel this would work as a more casual bag? :confused1:

I think Muse can elevate your casual style high without sticking out as non-casual bag. You can go in all star sneakers, T-shirt and jeans with a Muse and look chic and relaxed. I tote oversized Muse as a school bag for students papers, and I am always casualy dressed. Muse just radiated that famous YSL silent chic without being flashy and bling-glam. The best thing about owning sich a bag is the ease with which you can dress formally and take the same bag and look like a million

I would say go for it

Easy is more casual, and I certainly have to make more effort with that bag if I want to look special..Muse in any outfit does it itself

purple pop of coulour sounds great

here is an example of a quiet elegance, very casual (I did not choose some celebs who ruin the picture looking so sloppy that Muse can not help at all)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• kate-moss-yves-saint-laurent-muse-bag.jpg
    kate-moss-yves-saint-laurent-muse-bag.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,883
  • hilton-and-white-ysl-muse.jpg
    hilton-and-white-ysl-muse.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,002
Muse is on my wishlist... Its one of those bags that holds its own - you can dress it up or down. my style is fairly casual as well and i see a muse completing the look and bringing sweater, jeans, boots together for a casual chic look. Go for it!

I think the muse has lasting power and you can definitely dress up or down with it. I carry my muse when wearing jeans and skirts. I think you will love the bag, definitely go for it! It's an unique shape/style that's very YSL.

The Muse is a classic, definitely a bag that will work with whatever you are wearing. I have a khaki iridescent Muse and can wear it with everything, like others have said, you can wear it with jeans or dress it up. The Muse is timeless.

Thanks for your input. I have a Large Purple Muse on it's way to me. I should have by tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited for the bag to come but a bit nervous about the color as I wasn't able to see it in real life. But I absolutely love purple and hoping it isn't too bright. I will post pics pf my first YSL bag when I get it.

there is no such thing as bad YSL colour, it will sweep you off your feet no matter

I returned only one YSL bag - patent downtown, it was a lot of patent in such a large bag, and I am a suede type...other than that - any YSL colour is gorgeous

post it for everyone to see when you get it, pleeeease, I haven't bought a bag for a long long time (big ban, and besides, I do not have cravings for anything special), so I long for joy and best is when fellow tPF-ers reveal

Thanks for your input. I have a Large Purple Muse on it's way to me. I should have by tomorrow. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited for the bag to come but a bit nervous about the color as I wasn't able to see it in real life. But I absolutely love purple and hoping it isn't too bright. I will post pics pf my first YSL bag when I get it.

Congrats! YSL purple is beautiful, and I think you will find it will go well with everything. I'm looking forward to your reveal photos!

I received the bag today and love the color. A bit brighter than I thought it would be because only could see pictures.I am on the fence about the size though. I got the Large, didn't have the Medium size, and the dimensions didn't seem that different so went for it as it was on sale.
I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully you all can let me know how it looks. Off topic, do you know if the medium will fit an iPad? Thanks

I received the bag today and love the color. A bit brighter than I thought it would be because only could see pictures.I am on the fence about the size though. I got the Large, didn't have the Medium size, and the dimensions didn't seem that different so went for it as it was on sale.
I will post pictures tomorrow and hopefully you all can let me know how it looks. Off topic, do you know if the medium will fit an iPad? Thanks

I would say you can fit an iPad in the medium size. I do think the large is the best muse size though, flattering on everyone (I'm only 5'2" and it doesn't seem overwhelming on me).

I would say you can fit an iPad in the medium size. I do think the large is the best muse size though, flattering on everyone (I'm only 5'2" and it doesn't seem overwhelming on me).

Thanks. I am just under 5'3". I think it is just that I am not used to a larger bag yet. I have always gone small because didn't think I could carry off a larger one but they never worked out. Finally decided that it's better to get a bag I can use that will actually fit what I normally carry along with room for all the extras that tend to go in. I am going to test her out tomorrow.

I think you for sure can carry a Muse and wear casual clothes. If you're concerned about it looking a bit off I would go with the purple color as it is a bit more funky but still versatile enough that you can dress it up if you want to. Good luck with your choice! :smile: