Opinion on man belt.

Dorf

O.G.
Nov 14, 2012
Going on a trip to NYC in April, and I'm planning to buy a new belt. I like these two. Usually I prefer silver over gold, but it's preferable that the belt is reversible. Then I can get two belts in one.. On the other hand, the Pont Neuf has a classic shape and width I like, with a discreet buckle. Which one do you prefer? The Pont neuf, or the reversible with gold buckle?
Studio_20170206_233136.jpg

Going on a trip to NYC in April, and I'm planning to buy a new belt. I like these two. Usually I prefer silver over gold, but it's preferable that the belt is reversible. Then I can get two belts in one.. On the other hand, the Pont Neuf has a classic shape and width I like, with a discreet buckle. Which one do you prefer? The Pont neuf, or the reversible with gold buckle?
View attachment 3597320
I prefer the second belt, the reversible, I like the buckle style better, and it is just the BEST to be able to have two belts in one. I have an LV mono/black reversible belt with the LV buckle in silver and I love it to bits :heart: !! Good luck deciding !

Reactions: Kylie M and Dorf
Something to consider when deciding is your height...and by that I mean are you at a height where the buckle would scrape a counter top in a kitchen or restroom when preparing foods or washing hands ? They are both lovely choices, but I would choose the silver buckle for the reason I mentioned above. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: Dorf
View attachment 3597320

Tough. You can't go wrong with either. While I like the idea of the reversible option, I actually like the look/style of the first one better.

While I like the idea of reversibility I personally prefer the first one - its more simplistic design really lets the belt's natural beauty show - whereas the second one honestly struck me as a glorified billboard above the crotch

Reactions: Dorf and Aliluvlv
I love the look of the pont neuf, beautiful and classic and would go with so much. The buckle on the reversible one looks too big, but it also depends on how tall/big you are. Don't want the belt to wear you. [emoji6]

View attachment 3597320

Reversible, and worn solid brown side out. The first is too, "Look at me! I'm wearing a Louis Vuitton belt!" The second belt is luxe but more discreet. And you could wear it with just about anything. I think the size of the buckle is sexy, and unless someone is right down there at belt buckle level, they probably won't notice the LV inscription. :smile:

If I were styling a guy, I'd use the check side out when there were absolutely NO other even hints of designer stuff being worn or carried. I'd style the checks out with a pair of old chinos or Nantucket reds, or slightly frayed shorts, loafers- no socks. Tee or pressed shirt untucked. Totally unstudied--like you just threw it on because it happened to be lying on the floor when you rolled out of bed. Designer accessories are great as long as the look doesn't get too prissy. Lol--Obviously I'm in the minority here. Good luck and enjoy your new belt, whatever you decide!

Last edited:
Reversible, and worn solid brown side out. The first is too, "Look at me! I'm wearing a Louis Vuitton belt!" The second belt is luxe but more discreet. And you could wear it with just about anything. I think the size of the buckle is sexy, and unless someone is right down there at belt buckle level, they probably won't notice the LV inscription. [emoji2]

If I were styling a guy, I'd use the check side out when there were absolutely NO other even hints of designer stuff being worn or carried. I'd style the checks out with a pair of old chinos or Nantucket reds, or slightly frayed shorts, loafers- no socks. Tee or pressed shirt untucked. Totally unstudied--like you just threw it on because it happened to be lying on the floor when you rolled out of bed. Designer accessories are great as long as the look doesn't get too prissy. Lol--Obviously I'm in the minority here. Good luck and enjoy your new belt, whatever you decide!
Loafers and no socks. That is preppy and bold I might add...

Reactions: prepster