Opinion on durability of Valentino Rockstud Bag?

serenrose00

Jul 27, 2012
I just received this from net a porter : Valentino https://www.net-a-porter.com/product/509124

IMG_1501163351.423377.jpg

Straight out the box the leather looks a bit worn and there are some scratches from the clasp at the top and the studs. I was wondering if this is normal and what I should expect to happen very quickly with this bag? And if so, how does the bag degrade with actual use?

IMG_1501163283.594652.jpg

I'm deciding between this and the Givenchy antigona in smooth black... the antigona leather looks perfect compared to this! The quality of Valentino bags I've seen so far is lacking. [emoji25]

well I don't know about you but I like the bag to be flawless when I get it lol. I tried on a few bags the other day and each one had marks on it. I think there leather is fragile imo. I decided against buying the bag:sad:

With Valentinos the leather is more flexible and not as stiff as the Antigona. That's just the type of leather they go for - flexible, spongy, and sometimes slouchy.

If you're looking for something stronger, you might want saffiano from another brand, or other stiff leather offerings. Personally if the bag is marked up when it arrives, send it back. It's pathetic that these luxury companies aren't more careful with handling their bags.

Reactions: Christofle
I wonder if anyone has experience with rockstud items from Valentino and humid climate? Does the hardware tarnish easily?I just bought a Valentino bag and debating on whether or not to keep it as the bag probably will face rain and snow at some point and might not look as good after a while using it.

I wonder if anyone has experience with rockstud items from Valentino and humid climate? Does the hardware tarnish easily?I just bought a Valentino bag and debating on whether or not to keep it as the bag probably will face rain and snow at some point and might not look as good after a while using it.
I live in place with humidity 80-90% all the time plus heat 25-35 Celsius. Have about 10 rockstud bags (and rockstud shoes) in different designs I gathered through the years. So far so good. Considering getting the rockstud spike for Xmas.Buy with confidence.

I just received this from net a porter : Valentino https://www.net-a-porter.com/product/509124

View attachment 3777028

Straight out the box the leather looks a bit worn and there are some scratches from the clasp at the top and the studs. I was wondering if this is normal and what I should expect to happen very quickly with this bag? And if so, how does the bag degrade with actual use?

View attachment 3777026

I'm deciding between this and the Givenchy antigona in smooth black... the antigona leather looks perfect compared to this! The quality of Valentino bags I've seen so far is lacking. [emoji25]

My Mum has the exact same bag and it does scratch/dent quite easily if you are not careful with it. I have Lock Bag in calfskin leather and have a few fingernail scratches on them. Can anyone recommend a product I can use to 'buff' it out? Or is there any way I can get rid of the scratch marks? :confused1:

My Mum has the exact same bag and it does scratch/dent quite easily if you are not careful with it. I have Lock Bag in calfskin leather and have a few fingernail scratches on them. Can anyone recommend a product I can use to 'buff' it out? Or is there any way I can get rid of the scratch marks? :confused1:
Were you able to find some options? I have my brand new glam lock scratched and have peeling while in storage.
Thanks