Opinion on durability of textured leather Rockstud heels??

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    I've heard a lot about how the leather on the non-patent Rockstud pointed caged heels is NOT durable at all and get scuffed even on the first wear, and how the patent leather is a much better option as this is more durable. However, I don't find the patent heels comfortable at all! I'm looking at alternatives instead. I just bought a textured leather version which looks a bit more durable, but debating on whether to keep them. Does anyone have any experience with the wear and tear on the textured leather? I believe they're pebbled calf leather.

P00182659.jpg

baghagg likes this.
  2. I have 2 pairs of pebbled leather heels and a pair of the smooth calf heels. I wouldn't call any of them particularly delicate, but if the smooth ones were to get a scratch or scuff, like if I unthinkingly cross my feet and the studs on one shoe rubs against the other, it probably would be more noticeable than if they were pebbled. I haven't noticed much of a problem with my smooth pair, but then again, mine are black (noir), and I am careful when crossing my feet. I also haven't worn them all that often. I think my pebbled pairs will hold up well to that sort of thing, along with ordinary wear. They've been in rotation with my other shoes for a few months, and I haven't noticed any problems with them.

3. I have one pebbled pair of caged flats, and they've held up well, but i don't wear them very often. I also am very careful with the tips of the shoes, as this is where I do get damage-any pointy toe shoes that are not patent leather. I usually have the cobbler but a tip on the shoe, which generally helps.