Opinion needed on beige ML flap

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

A friend of mine is selling her beige Claire ML flap with ghw. And she asked me if I am interested. She bought the bag in 2012 and barely used. I do like the bag but I am not sure if it's worth it to add in my collection. Price she's selling is $3,800.

Can you guys give me an opinion on whether if I should buy it or not? Thanks a lot for your help.

My current collection includes:

Black ML ghw
    Black reissue ghw - the size is between ml and jumbo
    Black gst - ghw
    Medallion tote
    Navy medium boy
    Mini red flap
    Navy half moon woc
    Beige woc ghw
    Black clutch - the kisslock one

2. Is it in caviar? A beige caviar m/l with GHW is definitely worth adding. However, I'm not sure about the price she bought it at? Is it worthwhile compared to a brand new piece?

3. It's caviar. She got it for 4400. But I think she got a discount from Saks since she applied for a card. So 10% off 4400. I saw a brand new piece and it looks exactly like hers. She used it like twice I think.

4. Do you prefer the size of it? I just know a lot of people prefer the B/Claire in Jumbo.

Good price though, if you do get it, maybe sell your Beige WOC ghw

5. I tried the jumbo before and everyone said it looks too big on me. So I never really consider jumbo size.

I was thinking of selling my beige Claire woc but then I got it at a discount when I applied for a Saks card and it was only $1590.

Do you think it doesn't make sense to keep the WOC if I buy the ML?

6. It sounds like a good price for the m/l. Jumbos are too big for me as well. Beige is such a neutral, versatile color - I think you should keep the beige woc, as long as you are using it, in addition to the m/l. I have both a (seasonal) beige m/l and a (seasonal) beige woc. The woc is great for traveling, when you just need your essentials, cross body, more casual wear. The m/l can be more dressed up.

7. I think it would be a great addition! Good luck deciding.

8. Well it doesn't really matter how much she paid for it. Is it a good price for you?

I love my beige m/l ..very versatile and goes with most outfits. Good luck deciding.

lipstick_bandit likes this.

9. + 1. If it's a good price for you OP, I think that's all that matters.

I have the same combo in a jumbo and love it. Good luck deciding!

10. I would save that money aside for when you find a bag that you couldn't refuse. You should never buy a bag just because others say you should or if it's a semi good deal. $3,800 is still a lot of money and it sounds like you don't have your heart set on it.

11. Seems like a good addition! If it has not been used and you are receiving a discount, even better!

12. A beige M/L flap is a great addition to any collection IMO.

13. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427209990.829599.jpg

I've posted this pic several times but I just love this bag - beige caviar m/l with GHW. It's so beautiful.
    You have to love it. If you do, and think price is okay for you. Get it.

14. Thanks all for your opinion. I definitely could afford the bag and the price is what attract me. I guess I'll have to really decide on whether if I want it that much to splurge $3800 on a bag.

15. Did you ever consider this bag? If so it's a great deal, if not, then it's just going to sit there; might as well wait for something you're in totally love with.