Opinion needed - Kelly Danse as first bag?

shoelahver

Jul 5, 2016
Hi! I'm new to Hermes and want to know if the Kelly Danse makes a good first bag? I do not own anything from Hermes but this bag keeps catching my eye. I'm super casual and mainly prefer my bags to be crossbody. I know the strap is fairly long for this but I think I can make it work.
I'm mainly a Chanel/LV girl but would love to get a piece from Hermes.

The KD can be worn multiple ways too, so it would definitely be a versatile first choice.
If you love its look, find it in a colour/hardware combo that you love AND it matches your lifestyle... GOOOOOOOOOOOO! :giggle: :panic: (that's me flapping my arms all the way to the store when an item makes me feel that way).

Reactions: shoelahver
Hi! I'm new to Hermes and want to know if the Kelly Danse makes a good first bag? I do not own anything from Hermes but this bag keeps catching my eye. I'm super casual and mainly prefer my bags to be crossbody. I know the strap is fairly long for this but I think I can make it work.
I'm mainly a Chanel/LV girl but would love to get a piece from Hermes.
If it keeps catching your eye then its the right 1st bag for you.
No point in buying anything that doesn't instantly attract you-Hermes or not.

Hi, I have two, and use them a lot as I find them elegant but a little more casual thank a Kelly. Just be sure they fit all you need, and have fun playing with the straps to get the styles you like!

Reactions: shoelahver
The KD can be worn multiple ways too, so it would definitely be a versatile first choice.
If you love its look, find it in a colour/hardware combo that you love AND it matches your lifestyle... GOOOOOOOOOOOO! :giggle: :panic: (that's me flapping my arms all the way to the store when an item makes me feel that way).
If it keeps catching your eye then its the right 1st bag for you.
No point in buying anything that doesn't instantly attract you-Hermes or not.
Its a fabulous bag, I highly recommended it.
Hi, I have two, and use them a lot as I find them elegant but a little more casual thank a Kelly. Just be sure they fit all you need, and have fun playing with the straps to get the styles you like!

Thank you! Time to start my Hermes journey! :smile:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Also buy a mini evelyne in the same color. The mini evelyne strap is the right length to make the danse comfortably cross body. It’s also an indispensable bag.
(sliding down the slippery orange slope.)

Doesn't have to be same color, as long as it goes together. Plus, some of those Evelynes now have contrast straps. I was offered a Capucine one with a Gold strap recently...

Reactions: nicole0612