Opinion Marc Jacobs Flap Bag?

It's really cute, but I kind of have mixed feelings about the chain. I don't like the big gold chains on MJ bags in general, but I think on this one it adds just enough of an edge to make it look cool.

I also kind of hate the fake pushlock things on some MJ bags (where the pushlock is only decorative) - but others don't seem to mind, so maybe that's just me.

Thanks Miri. I can't believe I didn't even notice that the push lock is for decoration only. I guess this bag is not very popular because I can't seem to do any search on it.

I like a bag that you can carry on your shoulder (such as when you are walking) or by hand (such as when you are getting in/out of your car). I think this is a very nice style; however, being only 3" wide it is too narrow for all of my stuff.

I really like this bag. I considered buying it for a while but then sort of got over it. I tried it on a few times and it fit comfortably under the arm, holds a decent amount of stuff(not a lot, but the basics), and is really cute. The chain helps keep the flap closed - I can't remember if it has a magnetic closure or not. The description says the chain is removable, that's a good thing. Overall, I would probably still buy it if I found it at a decent sale price.
55904_fpx.tif

The bag is really cute, but like Miri, I have never been a fan of the 'pushlock that does nothing'. A few of his bags have this, and I don't get it.
Saw it at Neiman's, though, and it looks better in person. It is super-cute and feels comfortable under your arm....

Hi

I've been looking at this MJ Flap bag and think that it's so cute. Does anybody have it or seen it IRL? What do you think? I would love to hear feedback.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...&CategoryID=3354&PageID=3354*1*24*-1*-1*-1*16

Thanks.
Serene

Hey serene,
it's a cute lil purse and i agree with miri i'm not usually a fan of the pushlock, it was the reason i didn't get the mj hudson and went with the stam hobo as my first mj. anyway i wanted to tell you that i know a seller on ebay that has this bag up for 629, i've worked with him before and he sells authentic items, i bought a marc jacobs dianne for my mom from him, very authentic, didn't have a dustbag, but it was in new condition, also bought lots of shoes. anyway if you offer him 350-400, i think he'd take it as it's been in his store for like 2 months now. again his name is treasuredepot on ebay

good luck. i was gonna make an offer on it, but it's too small and i just got a bowler, my next is a stam. so i'm kinda booked.

bump!

does anyone have this bag? do you normally use it as a small everyday bag? do you think you could use it as a going out/evening bag? do you find it heavy at all?

and also does anyone have any modelling pics please? i found a link to some info about this bag, but there's only a pic of the bag hanging off the model's wrist, not on the shoulder or anything.

TIA! :smile:

Blivlien,

I bought it just recently and will take some modeling shots for you tonight. I love that it is lined in teal leather!!

Last edited:
i saw someone carrying this bag irl, and it looked great. she had it set down on a seat next to me, and i kept stealing glances at it. it reminds me of the chanel flap only cooler. ;)