Opinion for Hermes Outfit

tramcaro

Fixer!
O.G.
Oct 3, 2008
Hi all fashionistas,

I need opinion on this Hermes outfit, dress and belt...

I'm debating if I should go for this colour or Black... This is size 38, but do I need to upsize to 40, since i'm planning to wear it over a thin turtle neck or shirt for the freezing cold winter of Canada? If size 40, have to order it in...

I don't wear boots with heels at all, but maybe I need to find a pair with heels to go with the dress...

Also, what do you think of the belt? Apparently it's a fashion belt from this season's runway...

Appreciate all your lovelies' inputs!

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 675
I love this color on you! I think the size is perfect, too! If you are to layer underneath, it may be good to try the 40. That way you can compare the two. The belt is so chic. I think this dress lends itself to riding boots if you don't want to wear heels. This looks like a very versatile piece. You are beautiful!!

I love this color on you! I think the size is perfect, too! If you are to layer underneath, it may be good to try the 40. That way you can compare the two. The belt is so chic. I think this dress lends itself to riding boots if you don't want to wear heels. This looks like a very versatile piece. You are beautiful!!

Thank you so much for your input! I will try with riding boots, those I have plenty instead of the non-existing high heels in my closet. :smile:

Reactions: Ladybaga
What a lovely and versatile dress!! This piece will serve you well for years and years. I love this size on you [emoji7] PS Did you try on any other rtw pieces? I'm liking a few from the most recent collection [emoji173]️

Thank you so much! I am hoping so as well that it will remain a forever piece. I got another sweater dress from this season... It is more like a tunic sweater dress, in black. I tried a coat on, cocoon shape but too overwhelming on my short body :sad:

I love your picture! As this dress is also intended to be worn without a belt I would stick with the 38. The 40 will probably look too much dress on you. It is attractive and I think either with knee high or ankle boots will be great. Add a necklace! So many options here, enjoy!!

Thank you! Yeah, more and more I am liking the size 38 as well. Agree that 40 would be too much fabric! I've started to collect a few 90cm silks this season, so will play it up with this dress! PS, I'm a fan of you on IG!

Reactions: bababebi and lulilu
The size is perfect on you. 40 may not be as flattering. I love black but this color is a keeper. It is a perfect neutral and you can easily accesorize. With tights and a good outerwear, you should be good for fall and early winter at the very least. Some years are colder and I hope this winter won't be as bad.

Reactions: tramcaro
It's very cute on you! I would probably belt the dress if it were me. I'm petite as well, and I find that waist definition always helps, especially if the hemline goes below the knee as this dress does. You could try adding a blazer or layering a chunky textured cardigan :smile: and adding knee or over the knee boots.

You look lovely in this dress. Size 38 fits you well. If the turtleneck is thin, it shouldn't take up much bulk underneath. You can also pair these with some dark opaque tights and wear low heeled booties like Neos from H. I agree with the other posters that this dress is versatile with a moto jacket for a more rocker look or a long wool coat for a more demure princess look. Also different size belts and pairing it with other accessories like a long pendant or a scarf tied in various ways (waterfall knot) can mix up the outfit. If you have any doubts wear the turtleneck and try the dress on again at the boutique.

I like this colour and size on you!
Grey > black: As much as I love black, it will attract all sorts of dust, hair, and other nasties. Grey can hide everything and looks more chic imo for this particular dress.
Size is good, I would not go up in size as it may look frumpy...
Belt: Sorry, I'm not a fan of this belt. Hermes has so many other belts that would look great with this dress.
Shoes: Any pair of boots would do, ankle, mid-calf, over the knee would all look great.
Have fun shopping!

I love this grey on you. Maybe you could layer over this dress instead of sizing up to wear something under. I would so wear this with tights and low boots, I don't do heels either. With a great coat it would make a fabulous, polished look. The belt looks good to me, if you have others which work then it's not a necessary purchase.

The size is perfect on you. 40 may not be as flattering. I love black but this color is a keeper. It is a perfect neutral and you can easily accesorize. With tights and a good outerwear, you should be good for fall and early winter at the very least. Some years are colder and I hope this winter won't be as bad.

It's very cute on you! I would probably belt the dress if it were me. I'm petite as well, and I find that waist definition always helps, especially if the hemline goes below the knee as this dress does. You could try adding a blazer or layering a chunky textured cardigan :smile: and adding knee or over the knee boots.

I think the 38 looks perfect! I would consider pairing it with a black moto jacket and boots for a casual look and swap out the think belt for a skinny one for dressier look with heels.

You look lovely in this dress. Size 38 fits you well. If the turtleneck is thin, it shouldn't take up much bulk underneath. You can also pair these with some dark opaque tights and wear low heeled booties like Neos from H. I agree with the other posters that this dress is versatile with a moto jacket for a more rocker look or a long wool coat for a more demure princess look. Also different size belts and pairing it with other accessories like a long pendant or a scarf tied in various ways (waterfall knot) can mix up the outfit. If you have any doubts wear the turtleneck and try the dress on again at the boutique.

I like everything about it.

I like this colour and size on you!
Grey > black: As much as I love black, it will attract all sorts of dust, hair, and other nasties. Grey can hide everything and looks more chic imo for this particular dress.
Size is good, I would not go up in size as it may look frumpy...
Belt: Sorry, I'm not a fan of this belt. Hermes has so many other belts that would look great with this dress.
Shoes: Any pair of boots would do, ankle, mid-calf, over the knee would all look great.
Have fun shopping!

I love this grey on you. Maybe you could layer over this dress instead of sizing up to wear something under. I would so wear this with tights and low boots, I don't do heels either. With a great coat it would make a fabulous, polished look. The belt looks good to me, if you have others which work then it's not a necessary purchase.

Thank you so much ladies! You have amazing inputs for how to style it! I'm loving this dress too! May actually consider bying both grey and black colours...:giggle: