Opinion: Celine Sangle or LV Alma BB?

Celine Sangle or LV Alma BB

• Total voters
Hi everyone,

I am currently debating between a Celine Small Sangle or an LV Alma BB in Epi (I know, 2 totally different styles with different purposes), but wasn't sure which one to go for as I'm literally torn between both. They are roughly around the same price, and both so classic looking. Anyone own one or the either, or both? Or any feedback would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!

Obviously both are great bags so I can see why you're having a tough decision!

So, I currently own both: Small Sangle in black & Alma BB in black epi leather.

I got the Celine Sangle first because I was on a Celine high 3 months ago haha. I unexpectedly fell in love with it after trying it on a whim. It was the perfect small tote/crossbody for me at 4'10'. The black looked so chic & I love how smooshy the leather feels while still maintaining its shape due to the construction & size. It's great as a casual, everyday bag due to capacity while being versatile for work if you don't have to carry a big old laptop. I wore it almost everyday for a whole month!

Now, the Alma BB in black epi has been on my mind for a while but the long strap really held me back for a long time. However, with the rumored price increase (again!), I searched the internet for a matching adjustable strap. I found a black nylon Prada strap on The Real Real with matching shiny silver hardware. I put the 2 together and I am so in LOVE! It gives the Alma BB an edgier look because of the chunky strap. I also think it looks sooo cute worn super short on my shoulder. I bought the bag just about a week ago & can't stop wearing it - both for going out a! Of course, the Alma BB works great in a casual style and a formal setting. I will say that I only like the black and the rose ballerine for the Alma BB, I do not care for the other colors they currently offer.

All in all, I recommend the Alma BB in black epi first due to the rumored price increase and if the long strap works for you. I haven't heard of a price increase for Celine & I don't think they increase their prices as often, so you can get the Small Sangle later.

Some pictures for fun:
C44759C5-1276-4ECF-A04F-D9FA47CF59A1.jpeg
09203206-E60A-4826-B454-FB2CD0FD1DF6.jpeg
76E3A634-841E-4A7E-B97A-8F4FB2C95412.jpeg
9A02E915-BB6B-4876-B983-F79063FF1BAC.jpeg
31632647-2127-4A37-9D5D-4B3EC5C92E49.jpeg
FA7690A0-C988-4D8D-9897-D26C2D9F9F12.jpeg

Obviously both are great bags so I can see why you're having a tough decision!

So, I currently own both: Small Sangle in black & Alma BB in black epi leather.

I got the Celine Sangle first because I was on a Celine high 3 months ago haha. I unexpectedly fell in love with it after trying it on a whim. It was the perfect small tote/crossbody for me at 4'10'. The black looked so chic & I love how smooshy the leather feels while still maintaining its shape due to the construction & size. It's great as a casual, everyday bag due to capacity while being versatile for work if you don't have to carry a big old laptop. I wore it almost everyday for a whole month!

Now, the Alma BB in black epi has been on my mind for a while but the long strap really held me back for a long time. However, with the rumored price increase (again!), I searched the internet for a matching adjustable strap. I found a black nylon Prada strap on The Real Real with matching shiny silver hardware. I put the 2 together and I am so in LOVE! It gives the Alma BB an edgier look because of the chunky strap. I also think it looks sooo cute worn super short on my shoulder. I bought the bag just about a week ago & can't stop wearing it - both for going out a! Of course, the Alma BB works great in a casual style and a formal setting. I will say that I only like the black and the rose ballerine for the Alma BB, I do not care for the other colors they currently offer.

All in all, I recommend the Alma BB in black epi first due to the rumored price increase and if the long strap works for you. I haven't heard of a price increase for Celine & I don't think they increase their prices as often, so you can get the Small Sangle later.

Some pictures for fun:
View attachment 4869145
View attachment 4869147
View attachment 4869148
View attachment 4869149
View attachment 4869150
View attachment 4869151
Thank you for such a detailed review of both bags! I really appreciate it! Especially as you have both so you were able to provide great insight! I am also on the petite side so the pictures of the 2 were very helpful! I agree that LV has constant price increases and less so with Celine. I am leaning towards the Alma BB now! Thank you very much!!!

I love Celine, but in this case I prefer the Alma bb in epi leather! I just bought one. I got the last epi in galet! I tried on the black epi Alma bb also and it is so sleek looking! The bag has such a feminine and classic shape! I would only purchase the Celine sangle bag if you need to carry more. Alma bb won’t fit as much as that Celine bag. Good luck in your decision!

I love Celine, but in this case I prefer the Alma bb in epi leather! I just bought one. I got the last epi in galet! I tried on the black epi Alma bb also and it is so sleek looking! The bag has such a feminine and classic shape! I would only purchase the Celine sangle bag if you need to carry more. Alma bb won’t fit as much as that Celine bag. Good luck in your decision!
The Alma BB in Galet looks so beautiful when I see pictures online! Great choice! Thank you for your feedback! I’m still going back and forth on both but slightly edging towards the Alma