Opinion between Cerf Tote and Kelly

Do you mean the Hermes Kelly or Chanel Kelly?

If it's between the Chanels, then the cerf tote. I tried it one the other day, and it is a great tote. Very practical and chic.

If it's between Hermes & Chanel, then Hermes kelly.

I'm not crazy about bags that do not close and when I saw the cerf tote at Chanel, they had some bland nylon bag that goes inside, which I wasn't crazy about.

I would go with the Hermes or Chanel Kelly!

If you mean Chanel Kelly, I'd say Cerf. I got a Cerf a few weeks ago and it has become one of my favorite bags ever! So chic and functional! I :heart::heart::heart: the Cerf! But if your other choice is Hermes Kelly then it's a tougher choice as that is so timeless and beautiful. GL deciding!

Apples and oranges -- my orange Kelly :smile: The Cerf is a classy under the radar piece. It doesn't scream Chanel (which I love). It is utilitarian, simplistic in design and elegant.

The Kelly is a notch above in elegancet, great craftsmanship but that's true of Hermes, period. However, it is a tad of a pain to get in and out of, imho, so you should be aware of that from the get go. I love how it can be hand held or carried on the shoulder.

The choice may hinge on how you plan to use the purse. Every day workhorse for schlepping, I'd go with the Cerf.

Agree with JMEN, cerf tote is great, you can easily carry it over your shoulder and will easily fit your work docs or magazines or a laptop, but it doesn't have a complete zipper top and the makeup bag that button into the sides sometimes get in the way, so not the ideal travel tote. but it's classy and subtle elegance.

Chanel KELLY!
I love the cerf tote also, but if it is the chanel kelly you are referring to, it will be hard to find soon, grab it now.. Cerf tote you can buy down the line.

Is OP referring of Hermes Kelly or the Chanel hand held that really shouldn't be called a Kelly, because it is nothing like the Hermes. I don't mean that to be snooty at all. Chanel's handheld is not the pia to open and close (think the CC turnlock) versus the straps and turnlock mechanism on the Hermes.

Use would still determines the choice imo. One should not jam the sink in a H Kelly and think I'll just leave the flap open. The purse will be open in a very unbalanced way and thus changing the elegance and intended look of the purse. Far worse from I have read is half closing a Kelly (Hermes) so that the closure mechanism is bearing the weight of the contents.

Just a little more 411 to throw into the mixing bowl.

^ Sorry all for not being clear in my first post! I was refering to Chanel Kelly/handheld.

Thanks for all input.

jmen, I prefer Birkin to Kelly (talking about H) because of the opening/closing factor too. Plus I think it is a bit unclassy to leave the flap open on Kelly but it is fine on Birkin. Thanks for your input, am thinking for getting a handheld bag from Chanel before I 'retire' from C and hopefully move to H slowly : D

^ Sorry all for not being clear in my first post! I was refering to Chanel Kelly/handheld.

Thanks for all input.

jmen, I prefer Birkin to Kelly (talking about H) because of the opening/closing factor too. Plus I think it is a bit unclassy to leave the flap open on Kelly but it is fine on Birkin. Thanks for your input, am thinking for getting a handheld bag from Chanel before I 'retire' from C and hopefully move to H slowly : D

For a brief spell I had a Chanel "kelly" and found that sucka to be heavy. It was caviar and was the larger size and it didn't stay in the house long due to the weight factor. I don't own a Cerf but I suspect it is lighter but perhaps someone who owns one will chime in so you can be as informed as possible.